Crossfire with X1900XTX.

element54

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
Ok I am either blind or there is no search function because i didn't see it. Anyhow, I have a GIGABYTE GV-RX19X512VB-RH Radeon X1900XTX 512MB and i am thinking of eventually setting up crossfire. Only problem is that i can't seem to find out if there is a Crossfire ready X1900XTX or if the standard is already Crossfire ready. I am nervous about buying another untill i know that it will be capable of doing crossfire since there are Crossfire ready cards for all the other X1k models of the card. Any info would be of help thanks.

Ok I am either blind or there is no search function because i didn't see it.

LOL! :roll:

Let me direct you to a picture from another thread;

search1sq.jpg

OMG! 8O
Can fate really have this much of a sense of humour? :twisted:

But to your point StrangerStranger pretty much covered it.

MrCommunistGen

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2005
There is no "Master" 1900XTX as far as I know. They only make a Master with 1900XT specs which has ticked some people off. If you get one of those it'll downclock your XTX to XT spec I think.

-mcg

element54

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
There is no "Master" 1900XTX as far as I know. They only make a Master with 1900XT specs which has ticked some people off. If you get one of those it'll downclock your XTX to XT spec I think.

-mcg

This is what I have been concerned about. As much as I have looked I haven't been able to find an X1900XTX Crossfire Ready (Master) card. I somewhat remember reading while doing research on the XTX card that they are built ready for crossfire so that if you get two of the same X1900XTX cards you can put them into crossfire. I don't know if that is true or if it is just wishfull thinking.

edit: well i finally got throught to ATI and i was wrong. I will need to get the X1900 Crossfire Master Card.

About the search button, I swear it wasn't there till after i registered. :oops:

sleepdeprived82

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005

-mcg

Half correct, there is no master x1900xtx just the x1900xt as far as I know.
If you crossfire a xt and xtx it will not downclock both will run at their normal speeds. Thats one of the advantages of crossfire.

Q:7. What happens when your CrossFire Edition card and and a compatible standard Radeon (CrossFire Ready) graphics card have different clock speeds?

A:Both cards will continue to operate at their individual clock speeds.

Source: ATI

This means you wont lose any power by using a xtx and xt.

element54

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
Sad part is that it really isn't worth ugrading to the dual X1900XTX anymore with the prospect of the DX10 cards within the next year and a half. I might as well just save up the money now cuz i am ganna need an entirely new rig basicly. Conroe and DX10 GPU means a new mobo and probably new RAM too. geesh.