Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Haven't received any posts for 2 days now, so apologies if this is a double
up.

What is the back course button for?
I know what the approach button is for now, but never done anything with the
BC button.
Chris

--
I'm not always right,
But I'm never wrong!

dude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Chris,
This was covered in detail when you postedit on 9/10/05.. Click on
"Older Topics" at the bottom of all these posts a few times and you
should run accross it.

Regards,
Chris

On 12 Sep 2005 21:45:38 -0700, Dude wrote:

> Chris,
> This was covered in detail when you postedit on 9/10/05.. Click on
> "Older Topics" at the bottom of all these posts a few times and you
> should run accross it.

That advice is only useful if he happens to be posting from one of the
mirror forums, or has cached the message bodies in his news reader... ;)

Bill

Bill Leaming <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in news:zzlrroyyly9h.108pjbqf68o5w
$.dlg@40tude.net:

> On 12 Sep 2005 21:45:38 -0700, Dude wrote:
>
>> Chris,
>> This was covered in detail when you postedit on 9/10/05.. Click on
>> "Older Topics" at the bottom of all these posts a few times and you
>> should run accross it.
>
> That advice is only useful if he happens to be posting from one of the
> mirror forums, or has cached the message bodies in his news reader... ;)
>
> Bill

Google newsgroups (ex deja-news) should work.

scott s.
..

GREGORY

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 11:52:47 +1000, "Chris" <me@there.com.au> brought
the following to our attention:

>Haven't received any posts for 2 days now, so apologies if this is a double
>up. What is the back course button for? I know what the approach button
>is for now, but never done anything with the BC button.
>Chris

Had troubles with the BC approach for a long while and missed many a
LOC. Then figured out [how] to read carefully the ILS descriptions in
FSNav. Doesn't the bearing pointer need to be rotated around 180?
Still don't have it straight!!

-Gregory

First thing to remember is that the BC button affects Flight Director (where
available) and autopilot only! It is common practise to set the course to
"front beam inbound course" which means the course of the main beam (usually
an ILS) e.g. if the ILS reads 156° then the back course would be it's
reciprocal 336° So even to fly the back course you would set 156°. If you
have a TDI only (the thing with the dial ring around) the needle deflection
will be reversed in any case. On a HSI however if you set the front beam
inbound course you will have correct left/right indication. The needle will
then point to the bottom when established on the back course.
Any more confusion to cause? ;-))))
--
Oskar Wagner
(retired Captain)

Remember, in the great scheme of things, we're all small potatoes....