donco

Distinguished
May 27, 2006
Not in any hurry to switch to AM2 so will upgrade my case. Currently using a centurian 532, which is excellent, but an upgrade to something larger with better cooling would please me a lot.

I'm after a black case, and this is the one im looking at: p180B

Have also browsed briefly @ the Lian-li range but i want predominantly 120mm solutions & the flexability for cooling/drive configuration of the antec layout is attractive. The Lian-li compartment strategy + price have led me to the above shortlist.

I'm mainly looking for a case that will give low temps and a great airflow. I dont really care about the noise. Im willing to spend $130USD(max) on it

Any 1st hand experience, advise, anecdotes, warnings or other suggestions appreciated

thanks

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
A couple other cases you may want to consider are the steel black thermaltake armor and the coolermaster stacker STC T01. The armor is 139 and the stacker is 145. Both have 2 120mm fans and 1 80mm fan.

yourmothersanastronaut

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
I'll be buying the case listed in my sig. It's got 120mm fans in the front and on the side window blowing over the video card, and 80mm's in the rear and the top blowhole. I'm a Lian Li fan, personally.

nilepez

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
Not in any hurry to switch to AM2 so will upgrade my case. Currently using a centurian 532, which is excellent, but an upgrade to something larger with better cooling would please me a lot.

Have also browsed briefly @ the Lian-li range but i want predominantly 120mm solutions & the flexability for cooling/drive configuration of the antec layout is attractive. The Lian-li compartment strategy + price have led me to the above shortlist.

I'm mainly looking for a case that will give low temps and a great airflow. I dont really care about the noise. Im willing to spend $130USD(max) on it

Any 1st hand experience, advise, anecdotes, warnings or other suggestions appreciated

thanks

If quiet computing is an issue, the Antec P180 and P150's have gotten good marks from SPCR. There's a new revision out that's supposed to improve things over the original versions. If you get a black p180, I believe it's certain that you'll get a new version, but I'd call the vendor and make sure it doesn't come with a duct/vent.

Pricegrabber
shows 2 places that have it for just under or just over $130. Pcnation at 131 shipped (fedex 2-3 days) seems like a good place to go....but again, I'd call and verify that it is the latest revision of the case.

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006

thanks

If quiet computing is an issue, the Antec P180 and P150's have gotten good marks from SPCR. There's a new revision out that's supposed to improve things over the original versions. If you get a black p180, I believe it's certain that you'll get a new version, but I'd call the vendor and make sure it doesn't come with a duct/vent.

Pricegrabber
shows 2 places that have it for just under or just over $130. Pcnation at 131 shipped (fedex 2-3 days) seems like a good place to go....but again, I'd call and verify that it is the latest revision of the case.

i emailed antec the P180B is revised and all the wraping issues are resolved.