radeon 9800pro 128mb

Nitro350Z

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
settings eh?

go for high detailed textures and a few other things can be set pretty high
from what I've noticed is that 9800 pro's dont like rendering shadows and lighting effects that well and tend to struggle if those effects are set on high.

you could probly overclock the card too to get higher framerates with higher settings - I got my ATI 9800 Pro 128 to 450 core and 360 mem on the stock hs/f

Good enough?

kaotao

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2006
Don't set the resolution any high than 1024x768 if you want decent frames with higher graphics settings. You can safely overclock with ATI Tool. I was able to OC mine to about the same levels as nitro350. That helped a bit. I always just set things where I WOULD like them, and work my way down to a combination of what's playable, and what I can live with graphically.

xplicit

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
Well overclocking the card to 400/370 for me got a decent push in frames, but then agian Im limited to 4x AGP because of my damn motherboard. AGP 8x 3.0 compliant, then my gfx card wont work. T_T. Not using stock cooling. But I am using a Saphire ATI card o_O well...

Well yeah this game is great for non exterme gaming and games that dont use too much physics and shadows and what not. I tried to play Hitman blood money with my machine and man oh man even at the LOWEST settings I still was lagging (graphically that is) . I could play FEAR on High Settings with about 60fps-80fps. Good card for the buck what is it like 80 bucks now? Hmm around there if the last time I saw this product on the newegg product list.

Also on your ATI Catalyst setup Id suggest to disable vysnc unless you are really picky about the frames tearing, cap your fps and change your refresh rate to that fps number. Then downgrade all your settings to highest Performance. It will downgrade how your images look like but you will gain frames. I did this on a old ATI 7000 and I went on CS from 60 frames to 100 usually constant. Except smoke made me go down to 1.

I suggest atleast a nvidia 6600GT or higher rather than this one.