Microsoft Surface Tablet is One of Oprah's Favorite Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve360

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
Her audience would scream hysterically when given free cars or a big holiday to Australia.

The same if she gave away toilet paper.

G

yea this is such news, after all oprah knows a little more about technology then your average 10 year old..

G

Whatever helps it become more popular to gain developer support, I'm all for

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
I actually feel that the surface tablet with keyboard would be good for situations on the road where you need to spend around 15-60 minutes fixing something like a document or accessing a web server. However, I wouldn't want to do a full 8-hour work day on it

G

"a $5,000 Bose 46-inch TV"

Says it all!!!!

Complete Dork!

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Say what you will, but Oprah has a loyal fanbase that will take her opinion seriously. And there are a lot of additional people who will at least think about it once they hear she said she likes it. Especially when it comes to her yearly "Favorite Things" list. Plain and simple - it's good publicity. I personally could care less what's on the list - she's a billionaire so her tastes are bit different from mine - but I do know people who do take pride in saying they can buy at least one thing on her Favorite Things list.

G

So now Oprah is pitching Windows? Last I heard she liked the iPad and Mac's too? She is so wealthy I imagine she can buy them all even if she never uses them.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
[citation][nom]sarcasmishalluse[/nom]yea this is such news, after all oprah knows a little more about technology then your average 10 year old..[/citation]

She speaks as the most common of end-users, those who are not technically minded, but go by coolness factor and how easy and satisfying the product is to use.

The Surface is not expensive, and it is an excellent product, well-made and capable; these are facts, no one has to lie about anything. Whether or not it fits your lifestyle is for you to judge on your own, but apparently Oprah thinks it fits hers, regardless of the fact that she can easily afford the most expensive notebooks available (or even have one custom-made just for her).

I certainly think there are millions who put more stock in her opinion than she deserves, and that she is just one of many average computer-device users (except her wealth) that gets press time just becasue of her fame, and in that, this isn't news, and certainly isn't technical news, but there is no need to defame her or question her honesty because of her opinion.

G

Wolfgang Gruener = shill, Wolfgang Gruener = shill, Wolfgang Gruener = shill, Shill Wolfe Shill, Windows RT = closed ecosystem = M$ = SUCKERS born everywere! Windows Metro is a big ugly Sandbox for the suckers who will pay to play! Wolfgang Gruener = SHILL!

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Well who cares whether or not she endorses it and why. There is one good thing that comes out of this she has a large following and they will listen, so with that people will hopefully develop more for Windows RT and win8 in general. So hopefully Win RT won't die out a quick and horrible death. As I am looking forward to ARM based laptops that are practical to use (sorry chromebook no Java support makes you useless for someone who is required to use websites which has it).

G

Microsoft paying the media to spread freedom-restricting software. Nice one M$.

G

Wolfgang Gruener = shill, Wolfgang Gruener = shill, Wolfgang Gruener = shill, Shill Wolfe Shill, Windows RT = closed ecosystem = M$ = SUCKERS born everywere! Windows Metro is a big ugly Sandbox for the suckers who will pay to play! Wolfgang Gruener = SHILL!

G

Oprah's FABU METRO, down the slippery slope to the kiosk of operating system, Oh touch the pretty surface and buy a box of mallomars, Oprah: "I'll take a whole simi load to stuff down my craw after dinner tonight". I just love those Tiles all those little moving images of after dinner desserts, and before dinner, and all day long, Till I weigh more than a nimitz class aircraft carrier!

Status
Not open for further replies.