Changing plans..

Can the Customer Service folks make a change in your rate plan to be
effective for the CURRENT billing cycle?

I just called them, trying to get on a higher-priced plan (I'm already maxed
out on daytime minutes, half a month to go until the next cycle).. and was
told that I'd have to wait until the next billing cycle for the change to be
made. Are they lying to me?

"MacDog" <macdog@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Can the Customer Service folks make a change in your rate plan to be
> effective for the CURRENT billing cycle?
>
> I just called them, trying to get on a higher-priced plan (I'm already
> maxed
> out on daytime minutes, half a month to go until the next cycle).. and was
> told that I'd have to wait until the next billing cycle for the change to
> be
> made. Are they lying to me?

I changed plans recently from the old 1000 min. TDMA plan to 850min. GSM.
They started mine at the next billing cycle.

bamp

"MacDog" <macdog@gmail.com> wrote
> Can the Customer Service folks make a change in your rate plan to be
> effective for the CURRENT billing cycle?

I know that SunCom will do this, but all my experience with Cingular
is that they'll start a new plan immediately and pro-rate it (so
you're still half-screwed). If you're out of contract you might have a
bit more leverage by threatening to defect to SunCom (and depending on
what market you're in, you'll be right back on Cingular in a few
months :)

tg.

They prefer to wait until the next billing cycle, but will change it the
same day if you ask. Keep in mind, though, that if you have a 400 minute
plan, and ask to change mid-month, then you only get the 200 minutes for
the first half to that date, and half the rest from the new plan after
that date. That means you may have to pay for anything exceeding the
pro-rated minutes.

JPH