fps problems - help on cause

Sorry for the delay on replies.

I normally (now) get 30-40 FPS frame rate.

Going into some places, the rate drops to about 8 (EIGHT) FPS.

R-e-a-l j-e-r-k-y f-l-y-i-n-g.

Very diffiult trying to fly with that low a FPS number.

--
========
Thanks.....

Jarod
3 answers Last reply
More about problems cause

    If you have a high level of traffic set or scenery sliders to the right then
    depending on your system specs, what you are experiencing could be quite
    normal. Need more info to comment further. :0))

    Iain

    "Jarod (the puppy)" <dog_kennel_alias@zeta.org.au> wrote in message
    > Sorry for the delay on replies.
    >
    > I normally (now) get 30-40 FPS frame rate.
    >
    > Going into some places, the rate drops to about 8 (EIGHT) FPS.
    >
    > R-e-a-l j-e-r-k-y f-l-y-i-n-g.
    >

    > Very diffiult trying to fly with that low a FPS number.
    >

    > --
    > ========
    > Thanks.....
    >
    > Jarod

    "Jarod (the puppy)"
    > Going into some places, the rate drops to about 8 (EIGHT) FPS.

    You need to tell us what these places are and what you are flying. What
    scenery is installed? What is the weather involved?

    Clouds can and do take my 25 fps down to 8 fps.

    Dallas

    "D" == "Dallas" writes:

    D> You need to tell us what these places are and what you are flying.
    D> What scenery is installed? What is the weather involved?
    D>
    D> Clouds can and do take my 25 fps down to 8 fps.

    Appologies.

    One place which I can expect it to happen is the "gold coast ad-on"
    for 2002.

    (No offene) but when you fly past the buildings are in the water.
    :-(

    Then you get down to Cooli' airport and that is painful.

    The FSP really die.

    Ok, I can accpet that.

    Once I flew from Manchester to Rome - Ciapino I think.

    Going in to land the FPS just died.

    Appart from 2004, FS-Global I don't think I have anything for Rome.

    World Airports wasn't installed at that time I think.

    But it was up about 30 FPS, then just "bang!" 6 FPS.

    I'll try to get more info on it ASAP, but it may be a while as Real
    Flying is kind of getting in the way. ;-)

    TTYL.

    --
    ========
    Thanks.....