Windows XP sharing hp psc 1315 to 98

I am trying to get an HP PSC 1315 (connected by USB to an XP Home
computer and shared from there) to work over the network to a Windows
98 system. The share works fine on another XP box on the network. Is
it possible to make it work for the Windows 98 system, and if so what
driver should I use? The driver from HP for Windows 98 will not
install on the 98 system.

Thanks in advance for your help.
2 answers Last reply
More about windows sharing 1315

    Thanks, measekite, I should have looked harder for an answer in this
    group before I posted, I think I have found the answer.

    My XP system is setup to dual-boot XP and 98, so I can boot it into 98,
    share the printer out with the same share name as in XP, install the
    printer from this share on the second 98 "client" system, then boot the
    main system the printer is attached to back to XP, and it should work.

    To share printers over a network share I believe you must have a print
    driver on each computer. That allows each person to set their own print
    criteria in the driver on their machine.

    johnebullock@hotmail.com wrote:

    >I am trying to get an HP PSC 1315 (connected by USB to an XP Home
    >computer and shared from there) to work over the network to a Windows
    >98 system. The share works fine on another XP box on the network. Is
    >it possible to make it work for the Windows 98 system, and if so what
    >driver should I use? The driver from HP for Windows 98 will not
    >install on the 98 system.
    >
    >Thanks in advance for your help.

Printers Windows 98 Hewlett Packard Windows XP Peripherals