How to print all C drive directories

I'd like to learn how to make a hard copy of list of all directories on my C
drive. I would use this to help ensure that (2) computers have the same files.

Can you advise whether this is possible?

Regards....
--
anonymous reader
5 answers Last reply

    In news:69DA70CA-2EE4-4E72-BA89-172A160B0161@microsoft.com,
    anonymous reader <anonymousreader@discussions.microsoft.com>
    typed:

    > I'd like to learn how to make a hard copy of list of all
    > directories
    > on my C drive. I would use this to help ensure that (2)
    > computers
    > have the same files.
    >
    > Can you advise whether this is possible?

    Of course it's possible. Here are three ways:

    1. Go to a command prompt and issue the command

    dir [drive:folder] > c:\tempfilename (you can use any name and
    put it in any folder you want)

    Then open notepad, open tempfilename, and print it from there.

    2. Go to
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q321379
    and follow the instructions there.

    3. Download and use any of the several freeware/shareware
    utilities that can do this, such as the popular
    http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    anonymous reader wrote:
    > I'd like to learn how to make a hard copy of list of all directories on my C
    > drive. I would use this to help ensure that (2) computers have the same files.
    >
    > Can you advise whether this is possible?

    Start | <cmd>

    >cd c:\
    >dir /s > alldirs.txt

    Hi,

    Open a command prompt (start/run cmd), go to the folder of choice.

    Run "dir> file.txt". This will create a text file of the contents of the
    folder that you can open in notepad for printing or saving.

    If you wish to add the contents of the subdirectories, run "dir
    <drive><folder> /s> file.txt".

    You may find this useful:

    HOW TO: Add "Print Directory" Feature for Folders in Windows XP [Q321379]
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321379

    If you head to google.com and search on "free directory printer", you will
    also find many other useful tools.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "anonymous reader" <anonymousreader@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:69DA70CA-2EE4-4E72-BA89-172A160B0161@microsoft.com...
    > I'd like to learn how to make a hard copy of list of all directories on my
    > drive. I would use this to help ensure that (2) computers have the same
    > files.
    >
    > Can you advise whether this is possible?
    >
    > Regards....
    > --
    > anonymous reader

    Thanks for the quick, and knowledgeable, advice.

    "anonymous reader" wrote:

    > I'd like to learn how to make a hard copy of list of all directories on my C
    > drive. I would use this to help ensure that (2) computers have the same files.
    >
    > Can you advise whether this is possible?
    >
    > Regards....
    > --
    > anonymous reader

    This is better than using a $35 fee-based Microsoft answer. Thanx again.

    "anonymous reader" wrote:

    > I'd like to learn how to make a hard copy of list of all directories on my C
    > drive. I would use this to help ensure that (2) computers have the same files.
    >
    > Can you advise whether this is possible?
    >
    > Regards....
    > --
    > anonymous reader

Microsoft Windows XP