Sign in with
Your question

D-Link DWL AG530 Good card for gamers?

Last response: in Components
June 23, 2006 10:03:26 AM

I was looking at getting this card for my upcoming build.

D-Link AG530

Overall it seemed like the best card I could find, both in features and customer reviews. I'd like to get a few opinions from the experts here before I go ahead with the purchase.

Is this a good quality card for the price? I'm always weary that companies take baseline products and add a few pointless features just to jack up the price. I'm not on much of a budget, but since this is one of the more expensive PCI cards I'd just lke a few opinions on it first.

I'd like to note that I do a lot of online gaming and download tons of music and videos, and the router I'm connected to supports up to 108Mbps (and is also D-Link). Would this be a good choice for me, and if I did decide to go with something a little cheaper would I notice a difference at 54Mbps?

Thanks for any advice!
June 23, 2006 11:55:44 AM

D'link makes good products, but you anly experience that speeds if the gateway or router have thoose speeds , but you can invest on that , because that will be the future of wireless, it's never a bad investement
June 23, 2006 8:32:51 PM

Oh well then I'm not sure if the router can go up to 108Mbps or not. It has Super G Mode which I thought is what allowed it to go that fast. Guess I'll do more research and learn more about routers.

I don't really have a choice as far as being wired into the cable. My roommate owns the hardware and is pretty firm that she wants it all in her room, so I'm stuck with wireless. That's why I was looking for a high quality wireless adapter.

At first I was going to go with the Linksys WUSB54GR, which is the exact same price as the D-Link card.

But when I thought the router could support up to 108Mbps I switched over to the D-Link PCI card.

Keep the advice coming please! Every little bit helps me learn more :) 
!