EPSON R1800 being sold In Australia when and how much Aust..

Been looking for a A3 Photo printer with Cd/DVD printing and exllent
photo printing :)

Just hope the price is not tooo much.

Thanks.

Digital Sheep wrote:
> Been looking for a A3 Photo printer with Cd/DVD printing and exllent
> photo printing :)
>
> Just hope the price is not tooo much.
>
> Thanks.

Not another who can't be farked to Google. I did and received several hits

> Digital Sheep wrote:
>> Been looking for a A3 Photo printer with Cd/DVD printing and exllent
>> photo printing :)
>>
>> Just hope the price is not tooo much.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> Not another who can't be farked to Google. I did and received several hits
>
> --

This is the only sales site I've found:
http://www.ausmedia.com.au/epson_r1800.htm

Claims it is available 3rd week in April. Seems odd it's not on the Epson
site or any others though. You might want to email them and ask how certain
this is. (No price listed, I'm guessing in the A$800-900 range though.)

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Caitlin wrote:

> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
>
>>Digital Sheep wrote:
>>
>>>Been looking for a A3 Photo printer with Cd/DVD printing and exllent
>>>photo printing :)
>>>
>>>Just hope the price is not tooo much.
>>>
>>>Thanks.
>>
>>Not another who can't be farked to Google. I did and received several hits
>>
>>--
>

> This is the only sales site I've found:
> http://www.ausmedia.com.au/epson_r1800.htm
>
> Claims it is available 3rd week in April. Seems odd it's not on the Epson
> site or any others though. You might want to email them and ask how certain
> this is. (No price listed, I'm guessing in the A$800-900 range though.)

I'm thinking a release at the Brisbane PMA show.

I have placed an order for 2 at AIM.

rm

here in the us the R1800 price is about $550.00

Rob wrote:
> Caitlin wrote:
>
>> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message

>>> Not another who can't be farked to Google. I did and received several
>>> hits
>>>
>>> --
>>

>> This is the only sales site I've found:
>> http://www.ausmedia.com.au/epson_r1800.htm
>>
>> Claims it is available 3rd week in April. Seems odd it's not on the
>> Epson site or any others though. You might want to email them and ask
>> how certain this is. (No price listed, I'm guessing in the A$800-900
>> range though.)
>>

> I'm thinking a release at the Brisbane PMA show.
>
> I have placed an order for 2 at AIM.
>
> rm

frederick

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2004

Caitlin wrote:

> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
>
>>Digital Sheep wrote:
>>
>>>Been looking for a A3 Photo printer with Cd/DVD printing and exllent
>>>photo printing :)
>>>
>>>Just hope the price is not tooo much.
>>>
>>>Thanks.
>>
>>Not another who can't be farked to Google. I did and received several hits
>>
>>--
>

> This is the only sales site I've found:
> http://www.ausmedia.com.au/epson_r1800.htm
>
> Claims it is available 3rd week in April. Seems odd it's not on the Epson
> site or any others though. You might want to email them and ask how certain
> this is. (No price listed, I'm guessing in the A$800-900 range though.)

Same sort of situation in New Zealand - coming "very soon". I expect
(hope) that price is not out of whack with US/UK prices. I'm not 100%
confident that will be the case, as the 2100 appears to have been priced
high here - until the bottom fell out of the price in recent weeks. I
am guessing that despite the official line that these don't compete with
the 2100, Epson may be wanting to do retailers a favour by
strategically working the release of the R1800 around clearing the
remaining stocks of 2100s.

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Frederick wrote:

> Caitlin wrote:
>
>> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message

>>> Not another who can't be farked to Google. I did and received several
>>> hits
>>>
>>> --
>>

>> This is the only sales site I've found:
>> http://www.ausmedia.com.au/epson_r1800.htm
>>
>> Claims it is available 3rd week in April. Seems odd it's not on the
>> Epson site or any others though. You might want to email them and ask
>> how certain this is. (No price listed, I'm guessing in the A$800-900
>> range though.)
>>
> Same sort of situation in New Zealand - coming "very soon". I expect
> (hope) that price is not out of whack with US/UK prices. I'm not 100%
> confident that will be the case, as the 2100 appears to have been priced
> high here - until the bottom fell out of the price in recent weeks. I
> am guessing that despite the official line that these don't compete with
> the 2100, Epson may be wanting to do retailers a favour by
> strategically working the release of the R1800 around clearing the
> remaining stocks of 2100s.

If you look at the AIM site mentioned above its saying the 2100 is NLA.

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

John H. wrote:
> here in the us the R1800 price is about $550.00

the R800 from AIM is on par with your price. So I think that the R1800
will be of similar price structure at around $700-800 AUD.

At present $550USD is about $717 AUD I expect that the first release
here will be slightly higher.

The R210 started at $250 AUD and has come down generally to $200 AUD (
$153 USD)

> Rob wrote:
>
>> Caitlin wrote:
>>
>>> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message

>>> This is the only sales site I've found:
>>> http://www.ausmedia.com.au/epson_r1800.htm
>>>
>>> Claims it is available 3rd week in April. Seems odd it's not on the
>>> Epson site or any others though. You might want to email them and ask
>>> how certain this is. (No price listed, I'm guessing in the A$800-900
>>> range though.)
>>>

>> I'm thinking a release at the Brisbane PMA show.
>>
>> I have placed an order for 2 at AIM.
>>
>> rm

AIM now claim to have stock - at $1249!!!!

On 2005-04-08 14:35:35 +1000, Rob <mesa@mine.com> said:

> John H. wrote:
>> here in the us the R1800 price is about $550.00
>>

> the R800 from AIM is on par with your price. So I think that the R1800
> will be of similar price structure at around $700-800 AUD.
>
> At present $550USD is about $717 AUD I expect that the first release
> here will be slightly higher.
>
> The R210 started at $250 AUD and has come down generally to $200 AUD (
> $153 USD)
>

>> Rob wrote:

>>> I'm thinking a release at the Brisbane PMA show.
>>>
>>> I have placed an order for 2 at AIM.
>>>
>>> rm

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Mark Connell wrote:

> AIM now claim to have stock - at $1249!!!!

Well that a bit over the top, may have to let that settle down a bit.

AIM did this before with the R210 and had that at $249 that has come
down 20% now that everyone elso has them at $200.

rm

"Mark Connell" <msbc42@mac.com> wrote in message
> AIM now claim to have stock - at $1249!!!!

Yikes - that's a fair bit more than I was expecting. Maybe I won't be
getting one after all :-(

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Caitlin wrote:

> "Mark Connell" <msbc42@mac.com> wrote in message
>
>>AIM now claim to have stock - at $1249!!!!
>>

> Yikes - that's a fair bit more than I was expecting. Maybe I won't be
> getting one after all :-(

I'm waiting for the dust to settle

The R800 is $545

and the R1800 is $1249

from AIM -

Yet the difference in street price in the US is

R800 - $399

R1800 - $550

These are just a rough price the R800 maybe cheaper elsewhere.

So where are the Australian distributors coming from surly not to double
the price between these two printers.

rm

"Rob" <mesa@mine.com> wrote in message
> Caitlin wrote:
>
>> "Mark Connell" <msbc42@mac.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>AIM now claim to have stock - at $1249!!!!
>>>

>> Yikes - that's a fair bit more than I was expecting. Maybe I won't be
>> getting one after all :-(
>
> I'm waiting for the dust to settle
>
> The R800 is $545
>
> and the R1800 is $1249
>
> from AIM -
>
> Yet the difference in street price in the US is
>
> R800 - $399
>
> R1800 - $550
>
> These are just a rough price the R800 maybe cheaper elsewhere.
>
> So where are the Australian distributors coming from surly not to double
> the price between these two printers.
>
> rm

Well I hope so - but that is a huge difference - based on the US price we
should be getting it for about $700!

On 2005-04-21 19:28:50 +1000, "Caitlin"
<caitlin_online_spamtrap@hotmail.com> said:

> "Rob" <mesa@mine.com> wrote in message
Caitlin

>> wrote:
>>
>>> "Mark Connell" <msbc42@mac.com> wrote in message

>>> Yikes - that's a fair bit more than I was expecting. Maybe I won't be
>>> getting one after all :-(
>>
>> I'm waiting for the dust to settle
>>
>> The R800 is $545
>>
>> and the R1800 is $1249
>>
>> from AIM -
>>
>> Yet the difference in street price in the US is
>>
>> R800 - $399
>>
>> R1800 - $550
>>
>> These are just a rough price the R800 maybe cheaper elsewhere.
>>
>> So where are the Australian distributors coming from surly not to
>> double the price between these two printers.
>>
>> rm
>
> Well I hope so - but that is a huge difference - based on the US price
> we should be getting it for about $700!

Doing some further searching today I found an on-line retailer in
Melbourne advertising the R1880 for $1500! Can't remember their name,
but obviously there is so little competition in Australia that
retailers can make a killing on new products. I'm guessing that is at
least 50% margin.

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Mark Connell wrote:

> On 2005-04-21 19:28:50 +1000, "Caitlin"
> <caitlin_online_spamtrap@hotmail.com> said:
>

>> "Rob" <mesa@mine.com> wrote in message
>>

> Caitlin

>>> I'm waiting for the dust to settle
>>>
>>> The R800 is $545
>>>
>>> and the R1800 is $1249
>>>
>>> from AIM -
>>>
>>> Yet the difference in street price in the US is
>>>
>>> R800 - $399
>>>
>>> R1800 - $550
>>>
>>> These are just a rough price the R800 maybe cheaper elsewhere.
>>>
>>> So where are the Australian distributors coming from surly not to
>>> double the price between these two printers.
>>>
>>> rm
>>

>> Well I hope so - but that is a huge difference - based on the US price
>> we should be getting it for about $700!
>

> Doing some further searching today I found an on-line retailer in
> Melbourne advertising the R1880 for $1500! Can't remember their name,
> but obviously there is so little competition in Australia that retailers
> can make a killing on new products. I'm guessing that is at least 50%
> margin.

Found this

http://www.streetwise.com.au/default.php?cPath=34

They say a RRP AUD $1375 and its maked down to $1139

looks like the race is on.

rm

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Caitlin wrote:
> "Rob" <mesa@mine.com> wrote in message
>

>>Found this
>>
>>http://www.streetwise.com.au/default.php?cPath=34
>>
>>They say a RRP AUD $1375 and its maked down to $1139
>>
>>looks like the race is on.
>>
>>rm
>

> Cheapest now: http://www.e-shop.com.au/c11c589031-epi1800.htm $1068.

Did put out for 3 quotes last week they came in at $1100 for two and
$1080 for the other.

Looks as if it may stay around the +/- $1100 for a while.

rm

Rob wrote:

> Caitlin wrote:
>
>> "Rob" <mesa@mine.com> wrote in message
>>

>>> Found this
>>>
>>> http://www.streetwise.com.au/default.php?cPath=34
>>>
>>> They say a RRP AUD $1375 and its maked down to $1139
>>>
>>> looks like the race is on.
>>>
>>> rm
>>

>> Cheapest now: http://www.e-shop.com.au/c11c589031-epi1800.htm $1068.
>>

> Did put out for 3 quotes last week they came in at $1100 for two and
> $1080 for the other.
>
> Looks as if it may stay around the +/- $1100 for a while.
>
> rm

Is that American $

> Rob wrote:
>

>> Did put out for 3 quotes last week they came in at $1100 for two and
>> $1080 for the other.
>>
>> Looks as if it may stay around the +/- $1100 for a while.
>>
>> rm
>

> Is that American $

What do you think? Read the header.