VGA water block 1 slot solution???

wun911

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
ARe there any VGA water blocks that are single slot solutions for my quad SLI set up??

I like the swiftec GPU water block but unfortunately its slightly too big for my quad SLI set up.

All sugestions welcome

netops07

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2006
There are several options these days, some will require you to use hose apapters to make up for fitting size differences.

Danger Den Koosah 3/8" or 1/2" - http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=231&cat=48&page=1

Koolance Vid 200-L06 1/4"- http://www.koolance.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=29_46&products_id=262

The Asetek also makes a good block but it does not cover your memory modules.

I am currently running all 3 of these blocks in SLI setups. The Koolance is running on a Abit Fatal1ty mobo with very little clearance.

All of the blocks keep me well under 50c under full load. That's taking into account the warmer current room temperature.

mad_fitzy

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2006
Hmm. Are you being serious because you have had alot of crappy posts. The only way as far as im aware that you can have a quad sli system is from a system builder and seeing as you live in aussie that would be very hard to come by. Correct me if I am wrong.

netops07

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2006
GP...outside of a reseller Quad SLI isn't possible.

Maybe the original post was refering to running 4 cards, not in SLI, on aquad royal or something.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
Actually there is a motherboard available retail that has four PCI-e slots in it. That means you can run 2 cards as sli but the other two would run alone as there is only one nvidia sli chipset.

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=1957

So although you can run 4 graphics cards at once you cannot do quad sli except for by system makers like the previous posts have said.

May just have terminology mixed up or maybe he paid the big bucks and had someone like falcon ship him one.

In that case though I think he needs a water block for the 7950 which no one has developed yet....

netops07

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2006
I have read lots of reviews on the 7950's and seen the picks with the unit taken apart.

Short of actually trying it, I would say there is a good chance that you could get the koolance block to work becasue of the low profile.

I have not looked closely enough at how the two cards are joined though. Not to mention that duel 7950's is kinda off the original topic.

A quad setup with 7900gtx's would be sweet though...I regres. lol

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
There are two ways to quad sli

1. 4 pci-e cards in 4 pci-e slots (4 cards with one core each)
2. 2 7950's in 2 pci-e slots (2 cards with 2 cores each)

No 2. is the way that most system makers are doing it BUT it isn't available for retail purchase (just the cards I mean).

If you look at the picture of the 7950 on nvidia's site there is no place for an sli connector to go, on the other hand the pictures of them on sli zone show each board with a connector. I think that is the difference between what the system builders get and what's available retail.

On the other hand, i heard that nvidia is going to make sli possible without the bridge and run by the chipset, so with a new driver release you may see the retail 7950's able to run in sli without the sli bridge.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
Ok, if you had read the entire thread then you would know that I already know you can buy them retail BUT you cannot get the same ones that system builders use.

If you look at the picture of the 7950 on nvidia's site there is no place for an sli connector to go, on the other hand the pictures of them on sli zone show each board with a connector. I think that is the difference between what the system builders get and what's available retail.

and no you aren't a god because I'm assuming god can read.

netops07

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2006
I just installed a 7950 this weekend on my FX 60 system, I would have sworn that there is single SLI bridge connector still exists, originally each card had the SLI bridge. i will check when i get home to verify.

Now that I have looked at it up close. I am pretty sure that you can get a couple of the Koolance blocks on there like I mentioned earlier. Only issue maybe the SLI link between the 2 cards, but I think there is enough room.

My temps have stayed low on the machine overall though. This is a new build so there is no liquid cooling at all.