Pioneer bd-rom bdc td03

ivankadjo

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
Can not burn DVD or CD. Tried with Nero 9 Ultimate and Alcohol 120 in Win 7 32 and 64. DVD comes to 2 % and stops and CD up to 7 % and stops. PIONEER is biltin in Sony VAIO VPCF 13M1E/H.

Thank you,
Ivanka Djordjevic

ivankadjo

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011

After many hours of investigation I found out that my Pioneer works very good with Creator Roxio 2011 Pro, fast and burns everything. With Nero 10 burns CDs but problem is with burning DVDs. Stops on 1% of burning. Simulation does not work and buffer underrun is not active. What to do?

ivankadjo

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
After many hours of investigation I found out that my Pioneer works very good with Creator Roxio 2011 Pro, fast and burns everything. With Nero 10 burns CDs but problem is with burning DVDs. Stops on 1% of burning. Simulation does not work and buffer underrun is not active. What to do?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
It is very unusual that your system will not work properly with Nero, but works fine with Roxio. Did you completely remove the previous version of Nero before you installed version 10?

Of course, an option could be to just use Roxio and not Nero.

Have you contacted Nero technical support for assistance?

ivankadjo

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011

hH

Yes, I removed Nero 9 with Nero general cleaning tool, and I reinstalled win 7 Home Premium x64 and than installed trial Nero 10 ( to by original if it works) and again nothing. At the sametime burns CDs well. I asked Nero, but still awaiting answer. I contacted Sony and got the answer it is softaware problem because Pioneer works with other programs. It is unusual but I prefere Nero to Roxio and I am very interested ti fix the problem.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

I completely understand your preference. As I said earlier in the thread, the only time I have seen this type of issue, it was cleared up by a firmware update. Even though the optical drive works with other programs, that does not mean that Nero can (as there is an obvious problem).

Do you have a firmware update utility with your Vaio that can scan your system for available updates?

Combing other threads on other forum sites (and Tom's), your problem seems to be fairly common. Unfortunately you still have an issue. Try the firmware and let me know if that helps.

ivankadjo

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011

I tried with firmware, but there is not newer for this type. I called Sony and they told me it is not subject of guarantee (notebook is old only 8 weeks) because it works with other softwares and according to their opinion it is something with the software. Finaly as I did not know what to do more I gave device to one service and I am waiting to investigate what is wrong. Last thing is to install Roxio creator 2011 pro.