Computer makes noise at boot-up

sahil

Distinguished
May 12, 2006
Hi, I just build a new system last week, everything works perfectly fine, I installed windows and everything, when I turned on my computer this morning it made a quick beep noise, now everytime I restart It makes a quick beep noise. Does anyone know what this is?

This wasn't happening before.. now it makes noise, I haven't made any changes to my computer since then

Thanks

K9N Platinum
AMD Athlon 3000+ AM2
2gb OCZ Gold DDR2-800
WD800JD SATA / Seagate 160gb hdd IDE

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
LOL.

If it's a single short beep that is your bios telling you that your POST (power on start/self* test) is fine. Any different types of beeps and you're in trouble.

*Can never remember whether it's self or start and don't really care enough to look it up.... :p

So, be happy you get the one short beep.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
It's just funny becuase a lot of ppl come on here becuase they CAN'T post but you come on here because you can but you are wondering wtf that short "beep" means....

Many of those that are having problems would love to hear that "beep", it's like music to the ears when you hear it the first time without having to trouble shoot anything.

tyr86

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2005
It's just funny becuase a lot of ppl come on here becuase they CAN'T post but you come on here because you can but you are wondering wtf that short "beep" means....

Yes, I agree. I actually laughed for once upon reading these posts.

POST is one of many ways your computer shows signs of life. One beep tells you, "Hey, I'm alive, let's go have t3h butt sects with some data!" More than one beep means, "Ugh, you screwed up, no butt sects. You deserve butt sects."

Thanks for the laugh.

TRENDING THREADS