Karribu

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2006
Hello all.

Sorry for being nooby but this is the first system built. I hve 2 x Gainwood Bliss special edition 512mb 7900 GTX cards.. I installed windows XP pro and th elatest beta driver but when I go to select SLI it say that the sli bridge connector isnt connected. I checked the mobo....8AN Sli Premium, and it is connected. When I play games, like EVE online I get a green line towards the bottom of the screen and below it it is a little messy. Please help, It cos tme a lot of money for 2 cards and I think only 1 is working properly. :(

Karribu

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2006
When I play games, like EVE online I get a green line towards the bottom of the screen and below it it is a little messy.

Did you try running them separately? If one works fine but the other just craps out with that green line, RMA the one with issues.

Just in case you're REALLY noob, when you say:
I checked the mobo....8AN Sli Premium, and it is connected.
you mean the little plastic bit on top of the cards right?

LOL That would be funny, if that's what you left out.

Yeah, that's conneted.

My system is :

AMD 64 Athlon 4000+
8AN Sli Premium Motherboard
2 gig memory
2 x Gainward 512mb special edition 7900 GTX PCX SLI
psu is X-power 700 watt SLi compatable
2 x 200 GB Maxtor HDD

Karribu

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2006
ahh Im really sorry im so new to this....my motherboard is the ASUS 8An sli premium Nvidia 4. Im pretty sure i connected everything correctly, are there any detailed pics?

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
The green thing usually means that you enable the "GPU balancing" So go to the card option and disable it. It usually located along with the "Enable SLI Multi-GPU".

So turn on or check the "Enable SLI Multi-GPU" and disable or uncheck the "GPU Load balancing".

Basically the load balancing show you the two gpu rendering the image and that is divided by the green line showing on the screen.

Now try this, download latest driver but not the beta.

Start here:

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

First you need to download the latest platform driver.

So at the selection.

1. Click the "Platform/Nforce Drivers"

2. Click the "Nforce4 AMD"

3. Then select the Operating system you are using wether it's XP home edition or XP Pro etc.

4. Download the driver and run it.

-----------------------------------------

As for your graphics card:

1. Click the "Graphics Driver"

2. Click the "GeForce and TNT2"

3. Select your operating system.

4. Download and run it.

Karribu

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2006
Thanks guys I know I could get som answers here. I downloaded the 2 drivers bu tI gotta get to work now So i'll try them later tonight. I cant find where to dissable load balancing :oops:

And it still keeps saying that the 2 cards arnt connected via an Sli bridge. But There is the bridge that attaches the 2 cards together, maybey it's broken? It says it will still run in Sli mode but not at the best performance.

Karribu

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2006
Hmmm, I enabled Sli and it hasn't complained about the bridge not connected yet. I think I might have a dodgy bridge. I still have 2 questions....

1) Where is 'show gpu load balancing' I want to diassable it so It doesn't show the green lines. I read the Nvidia site but they seem to have a different control panel on theirs as the option to dissable is right next to the enable SLi. It isnt on mine.

2) If you see the green lines half way up the screen is that an indication that SLi is indeed working? I have a nightmare of realising in a few years that I spent all that money and only 1 has been working hehe.

AMD 64 athlon 4000+
ASUS 8AN Sli Premium
2 x Gainwood Bliss Nvidia 7900 GTX 512mb
2 x Maxtor Sata 200gig
2 gig HDD memory
Thermaltake SharkCase
X-power 700 watt psu
Windows XP pro

I think thats all th einfo you need right?

EDIT - ok I fixed the show gpu load balancing, I made the Nvidia control panel classic style and it was there. Answering your own questions 4TW!!

Still would like to know about the second question though plz. :D

EDIT 2 - Started up eve, was running ok, the system got a little louder (fans from GPU's i think) then 3 minutes into he game the whole system shuts down. After starting up again I got this error message.

Overclk.
ERROR Reading TrayIconClk->Visible : Can not Create System Shell notification icon.

:(

Karribu

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2006
I noticed on Ai Booster it indicates that only the chasis fan is turning, the chipset fan (cpu fan) is 0. But when I look at the fan on the motherboard it is indeed turning.

Started up Counter Strike Source and as soon as I was about to enter the server the system shut down again.

Karribu

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2006
Turned SLi off and it played Counter strike with no problems.....what the hell.

EDIT, turned sli back on....set anti aliasing to auto mode and played 10 mins of ccs, was great....im so confused now. think x16 anti aliasing mode was to blame?

TRENDING THREADS