Serious Biostar TFORCE 550 Problems...

Redline24

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
Alright, so I finish building my system:

Biostar TFORCE 550, X2 4200+, 1GB OCZ DDR800, 7900GT.

First off, the motherboard won't detect the processor speed right. I tried to set the external frequency to 200 and the fid control to equal 2400. The chip defaults back to 2009Mhz. Oh well, leaving it there for now. I ran memtest86+ for quite a while, no errors. Pop in Windows XP, can't even get through the 'DOS' phase because of so many errors when copying files...? So, not only is my processor speed not set right, but also I can't do anything because the motherboard craps out. Should I RMA or what?

ainarm

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
Ran into similar issues with the same board and ram combo. I appear to have fixed mine by updating to the current bios on www.biostar.com.tw and also uping the voltage on the MB for the RAM to 2.1 which is what my version of OCZ is labeled to run at.
Also to install I found it helpful to just insert one stick of ram until XP was loaded. This allowed me to load XP and get the drivers all updated which again has helped my stability. Ran fine last night for about 3 hours while gaming for the 1st time.

Rick Drake