Conroe nForce 4 16x compatability (no one seems to know)

dimwhited

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
I have a ASUS P5N32 SLI DELUXE, and would like to know if it is going to be conroe compatable.

Yeah, I know, I have read everyhere that the Conroe isn't compatable with nForce 4 because of power requirements....

I have also read everywhere that nForce 4 isnt compatable with 820's because of power requirements...

But the nForce 4 16x chipset IS compatable with the 820's... so does that mean it will be, or is likely to be through a BIOS update, able to support Conroe??

I thought it was a noobie question... but apparently the answer is just SSOOOOO obvious that the answer is nowhere on the net! :?

K8MAN

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2005
I have heard it works with nforce4 but the performance of SLI is not as hot as crossfire on the intel platform. Your paticular board probably supports Conroe if it is a fairly new revision but if I were you I would contact Asus to get a definite answer.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
I have heard it works with nforce4 but the performance of SLI is not as hot as crossfire on the intel platform. Your paticular board probably supports Conroe if it is a fairly new revision but if I were you I would contact Asus to get a definite answer.

I heard it odesn't work at all.