Holy hell, UT killed my LAN

Negaverse23

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
After playing UT for over 7 hours straight, in mid-combat, UT crashes with a Rundll32 error. I restart, any attempt to run any program through the LAN (IE, UT, Outlook, Napster, etc.), I get the dreaded Rundll32 error. I've been offline since early Tuesday (5/1/01). I had to format a older harddrive (8.5GB maxtor 33)in order to get the LAN up and running again. Even a reinstall of Windoze on my primary HD faild to fix the problem. I think I will have to take the drive to a friend of mine to check it for viruses, if any so that I can get back the thousands of mp3's that I have.

I was thinking, could there be a hacked version of CSHP 4q out there that may be viral that could infect a client?

=
<font color=green>Are you just lazy or incredibly stupid? -<i>King of the Earth</i></font color=green>

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
7 hours straight? dude, you got problems worse than a screwed install of windoze.

<A HREF="http://www.512productions.com/lobstermagnet/" target="_new">Hyakugojyuuichi!!</A>

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
LOL!

Anyway, could have been anything from a power surge to a decent solar flare. Nes98 isn't the most stable, but you should be able to get about double that minimum.