Sign in with
Your question

Age of Empires III Demo problems

Last response: in Video Games
September 18, 2005 9:54:21 AM

Has anyone else had problems with the demo? I feel like I'm playing a beta game. It's crashing to the desktop and popping my speakers every once in a while which is really annoying.

<font color=red><b>Long live Dhanity and the minions scouring the depths of Wingdingium!
September 19, 2005 2:17:50 PM

i get a few sound issues like pops and sound disappearing but graphics are fine and the game hasnt crashed....yet.
September 19, 2005 2:23:57 PM

Is it any good or a prettier version of AOEII?

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"
Related resources
September 19, 2005 2:33:10 PM

It's working ok for me. The occasional small audio glitch, for the rest it's playing fine. My handicap is that I haven't played any AOE game yet, and this demo is seriously lacking in anything approaching help but that's ok. It's not my thing anyways so why should they bother.

BigMac

<font color=green>(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(")your signature to help him gain world domination.</font color=green>
September 19, 2005 2:44:39 PM

personally its like a prettier version of Rise of Nations thats more scenario oriented instead of taking over the world.

-I'm sorry, but the UN must be firm with you. Let me in, or else.
-Or else what?
-Or else we will be very angry with you... and we will write you a letter, telling you how angry we are.
September 19, 2005 4:56:48 PM

Everything works great, no audio issues, only low graphics quality because of a gf4mx.
September 19, 2005 6:44:22 PM

I thought the graphics would be better. Plus there are problems with those guardian guys moving around without any animation like stick figures. Audio completely craps out sometimes and I have to restart the game. I've had 3 complete crashes to the desktop.

I also can't seem to advance to level 10, but that might a limitation of the demo.

Rise of Nations is a much better game...so far at least.

<font color=red><b>Long live Dhanity and the minions scouring the depths of Wingdingium!
September 19, 2005 7:08:37 PM

Many complaining about crashes while i haven't had even one.
The graphics quality in the demo has been reduced to make it a smaller download. Full version should have good graphics as seen in the screenshots, depending on your hardware of course.
September 20, 2005 12:07:17 AM

That's good to hear. The demo gets less frames per second than BF2 does which kind of surprises me too.

September 20, 2005 2:20:36 AM

yeah its seriously overrated....i'll spend money on something better....like keystone.

-Or else what?
-Or else we will be very angry with you... and we will write you a letter, telling you how angry we are.
September 20, 2005 6:13:54 AM

Hmmm....I am using onboard sound. But I've been using onboard for years now. I remember having problems with a tom clancy game but that was resloved with a patch.

September 20, 2005 3:08:42 PM

i got an audigy and still have some sound issues

-Or else what?
October 1, 2005 6:21:56 PM

The demo never crashed on my PC and I didn't have any sound issue either.

I guess the game will be on par with Age of Mythology. It can't catch up AoE2, real history based AoE2 missions were lot more interesting. And RoN is going to remain the best.

3D is useless for RTS games. Why can't developers follow the example of AoE2 and RoN?

------------
<font color=orange><b><A HREF="http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox" target="_new">Rediscover the web</A></b></font color=orange>
October 2, 2005 4:28:07 PM

demo didn;t crash me or have any sound problems, and i'm running everything at their highest.... dunno about frams though, i try frap it asap it i guess

AMD A64 3200+Venice @2.65GHZ
DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D
OCZ 2x512mb EL Gold VX PC3200 ram 2-2-2-8
evga eGeforce 6800GT 256mb GDDR3 ram
Enermax 485W PSU
Bios 6/23
Windows XP SP2
August 9, 2006 12:43:06 AM

i was all hyped about geting it but its just another aoe2 and i got bored of th edemo , i think ill go with the rise of legends, i like the vinci lol althou only 3 nations is not much to play with :cry: 
August 9, 2006 11:27:21 AM

Quote:
i was all hyped about geting it but its just another aoe2 and i got bored of th edemo , i think ill go with the rise of legends, i like the vinci lol althou only 3 nations is not much to play with :cry: 

3 races was enough for Starcraft!
August 9, 2006 7:41:40 PM

hm...that would explane maby why i didnt play starcraft :wink: lol
but seriously i would be using only 2 races vinci and the qualt (or whatever its called) and honestly i just dont like the alin fraction, i think paying $55 for a game which i would probably play for maby a max a wheek is not worth it, i guess ill have to wait for the supreme commander or maby the new C&C unless ea will screw up yet another game (which in the past couple of years they did quite often :(  )
!