Does anyone fly the default Mooney (without mods). It seems very twitchy in
Pitch.

I've never been in a real Mooney, but I've never heard of them being like
that.

Is their any 3rd party Mooneys out their (FS9)? Or can I make any changes to
stop it being so twitchy?

Thanks

Clive

I've flown the Mooney a lot. The main -- really the only -- problem
I've noticed is that an effect of the fuel gauge. It's either left OR
right -- no "both" setting -- and the result is uneven weight
distribution. Almost immediately after take-off, the aircraft starts
banking to the right. This does happen, but its effect seems to be
exaggerated in the sim.* The way I fixed it was to substitute the
Cessna 172 fuel gauge in the panel. This not only installs a new fuel
switch (with the "both" setting) but also a whole new fuel system. If
you wish to do the same, instructions are here:
http://forums.simradar.com/Mooney_Bravo_banks_right_P66790.html

Or you can download a modified panel that does the same thing from the
AVSIM file library:
http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=mooney+daniel+nole&CatID
=root

* This is why the fuel switch in the RealAir Marchetti SF.260 has a
"both" setting, even though the real Marchettis don't.

Clive,

I fly the default Mooney a fair bit when not flying the commercial jets. I
like it for sightseeing as from the forward left view you get a good look at
the scenery. I know what you mean by its twitchiness. I found it like that
at first but seem to have got used to it (although passengers may not
agree!). I'm sure you could modify it by going in to the aircraft.cfg file
and in the flight tuning section reducing the elevator effectiveness from
the default 1.0 to say 0.8 or 0.75 and see what that does. In fact I might
try it myself! :0))

Iain

"Clive" <someone@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone fly the default Mooney (without mods). It seems very twitchy
> in Pitch.
>
> I've never been in a real Mooney, but I've never heard of them being like
> that.
>
> Is their any 3rd party Mooneys out their (FS9)? Or can I make any changes
> to stop it being so twitchy?
>
> Thanks
>
> Clive

Re. flight characteristics: I leave them alone. This plane is a
handful, but very versatile. Comparable in speed to the Beech Baron, a
better performer at higher altitudes, and with windows aft for
sightseeing. A great choice for touring, with speed if you want it.

Re. the fuel selector: the switch is realistic; what's exaggerated is
the effect. I've heard this reported on other planes, as well, which is
why I mentioned the Marchetti.

I've altered the elevator effectiveness in the aircraft.cfg for the Mooney
from 1.0 to 0.7 and it does seem less twitchy in pitch. :0))