bache_au

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
3200+ Venice 939 Related Questions

Q1) As a general rule, how high can you OC before Vcore adjustment is required?

Q2) What is the safe Max OC limit of a 3200+ Venice 939 CPU with standard heatsink? (with a reasonable margin of safety) (if Vcore needs to be raised - how much generaly)

Eviltwin17

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2006
in my experiences with overclocking the vcore you have on the processor depends on the chipset and processor itself. Having performance ram helps also. I notice that having quality ram will allow you to OC more before you have to raise the vcore. That is usually within 200 - 300 mhz with some value select before a raise is needed.

A max overclock on standard air would probably be somewhere from 400-500 mhz if you dont mind running a little on the hot side. It all depends on when you have to raise that vcore. Upping the vcore a notch might not hurt but running on standard air might keep you away from possibly 2 or 3.

Usually the vcore needs to be raised by about .25 to increase stability to the next level. Like going from 1.5 to 1.75. Use small increments and always check temperature levels (keep the safety shutdown on just in case)

i find that the program speedfan is great when checking temps. Do a google search you can find it anywhere

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Usually the vcore needs to be raised by about .25 to increase stability to the next level. Like going from 1.5 to 1.75. Use small increments and always check temperature levels (keep the safety shutdown on just in case)
Don't raise your vcore by .25 volts, unless you want to smoke your processor. .10v -.15v is the most that can be safely recommended, and at .15v over default, you'll likely need better cooling. GL :)