Sign in with
Your question

some good heater cores?

Last response: in Overclocking
June 24, 2006 3:51:19 AM

Sup everyone, this is my very first post on this forum. woot! Anyway, I'm going to build a new water cooled system and was going to use a HWlabs BI radiator, but after reading the introduction to this forum I thought it might be cool to get a heater core (apparently they’re cheaper and more efficient). Does anybody know any good ones?

More about : good heater cores

June 24, 2006 4:20:39 AM

I havent seen many people on these forums with watercooling so your question should have been askesd here - Link
Related resources
June 25, 2006 3:33:45 AM

Thanks MadHacker, ya maybe I'll ask on that forum...
June 27, 2006 4:02:19 PM

I used 4 Ford heater cores in my rig (yes i know, 4 is a lot of radiator)

anyway they are Pep Boys P/N 399009

1 should be plenty for most systems, 2 if you want a nice buffer

i think they are like 25 bucks a piece
June 27, 2006 5:00:05 PM

If it makes a difference the ones out of old chevettes fit nicely in the 5.25" bay. Also ones from older hondas... I think it's a prelude like late 80's are just slightly too big to fit in the 5.25" bay, but with a blow torch and a bit of bending you can make it fit.
June 28, 2006 6:26:36 AM

go to danger den and get their heatercores

its been a while since i updated that sucker (due to the reason that i'm not a moderator and i cant edit stickies -_-)

but there are better alternatives now. heatercores are still the best performers for the price, but if you seek some silence, then get the PA12.3, it is rather expensive and hard to find, but the performance is great and the fans don't have to be loud.
!