Sign in with
Your question

Issues with startup on first build

Last response: in Systems
June 24, 2006 6:40:31 AM

Alright, I've made all of the major connections as far as I can tell. Installed the mobo, installed the CPU/heatsink, installed the memory, installed the graphics card, installed the hard drive, and then slid a dvdrw and cd reader into the drive bays.

I now go to go ahead and plug in the computer and turn it on and the monitor reads 'No Signal'. Now, when I turn it on, the CPU fan spins, all other fans in the case spin, the mobo led lights up green, and the green light and the dvdrw lights up green. When I try to push the button to open the tray on the DVDRW it doesn't open (is this because it's not installed or there is a seperate issue?). So, I force it open, slide the startup disc that came with the mobo and still nothing happens. Computer keeps spinning, running very silently, and I have no display and no immediate idea what is wrong.

Here's what I'm running:

Asus P5ND2-SLI
Intel Pentium D 805
eVGA 7600GT
pQI Turbo 2x512mb
WD 160GB SATA HDD

Anyone have any ideas? [I noticed that other people were having issues with the RAM for that mobo, but I got 5400 667mhz as is recommended so I don't think the lack of a display would be the memory's fault? As well as the lack of power to the DVDRW drive, although it does light up.]

More about : issues startup build

June 24, 2006 8:01:10 AM

Are you sure you've installed

a) power connector to the graphics card

and/or

b) the motherboard 12v connector (this sounds most likely, all those symptoms suggest this one)

The mobo 12v is the square 4 pin connector that looks like a shortened version of the ATX connector.
!