Dropdowns/popups never gain focus

ajayjohn

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
Hey Folks...........

I waited for weeks in Micosoft Technet for a solution but all that was offered was to kill all non-microsoft processes using msconfig and then ShellExView and it didn't help. No other possible solution/ troubleshooting tips were offered.

M4a785-m Motherboard
GTX-460 768GB Currently running 270.61 drivers
Win 7 64bit
4GB Ram
Phenom II X2 560 Proc

98-100% of the time for example, if I try to change my volume, adjust/change the network from the taskbar, the popup window disappears when I attempt to move the mouse away from the right side of the taskbar where these icons live.

Another example of the behavior is that I cannot use the Calender dropdown in Outlook 2010. I can still input the date myself, just that the dropdown loses or never gains focus.

If I uninstall nvidia and use Win 7 64bit vanilla vga the problem still exists unless I also uninstall the vanilla drivers and NOT reboot. For this short window of opportunity, I can use dropdowns and popups.

I have bought new mouse and keyboard to attempt to eliminate them as culprits, but all have been USB types so would still be using the same drivers, I believe, and I have not installed special drivers for them.

Have uninstalled video drivers and Clean Sweep(ed) numerous times.

I don't know that this is a driver problem but hope someone here has a solution or possible solutions............