Last response: in CPUs

petium D 805 or core duo E6600?

Total: 14 votes

• pentium D 805
  • 0 %
  • Core duo E6600
  • 100 %
June 24, 2006 6:46:26 PM

I'm getting set build my new rig but i'm unsure what processor choose.

I'm torn between purchasing a pentium D 805 n overclocking the mother or spending a little more n gettin a core duo E6600.

Advice kindly invited.
June 24, 2006 7:11:19 PM

WTF! Anti-Hyper Threading All the Way!!! Get a AM2 and when AMD flicks the Anti-Conroeversial Terratomorizer on, a once lowly FX CPU will warp time and space completing processes even before time began...
June 24, 2006 7:20:11 PM

Quote:
WTF! Anti-Hyper Threading All the Way!!! Get a AM2 and when AMD flicks the Anti-Conroeversial Terratomorizer on, a once lowly FX CPU will warp time and space completing processes even before time began...

hey, hey...take it easy, no RHT crap posted here:) 
My advice is, buy E6600 and overclock it :) 
Related resources
June 24, 2006 7:28:36 PM

Wow, didn't know FX's could warp space time.......

Seriously, I still wouldn't call them lowly, far better than what I have.

Go with Conroe. Don't try to do that overclocking thing with the 805, you'll probably just end up with a toaster.

Edit: Just noticed that you said Core Duo, not Core 2 Duo. That is a different matter. Still, I would have to say Core Duo if you are concerned with just performance, but they are a little pricey.
June 24, 2006 7:29:31 PM

Quote:
So your saying that with an fx-64 and reverse hyper threading i can warp time and space and go to any point in time in this universe when i want and i can instantly teleport myself to anywhere? And how much power will i need 1.21 jigawatts?
June 24, 2006 7:36:45 PM

1.21 Jiga watts is absolutely fine for an FX-64. 1.8 Jigawatts is the well known maximum, go above that and you'll end up with something in-between a black hole and piles.
June 24, 2006 7:41:28 PM

Quote:
1.21 Jiga watts is absolutely fine for an FX-64. 1.8 Jigawatts is the well known maximum, go above that and you'll end up with something in-between a black hole and piles.
Ok then if i can generate a blackhole how will i know if it will let me travel through time or space?
June 24, 2006 7:57:31 PM

Toasters are cool. You like floppy bread for breakfast?
June 24, 2006 8:00:29 PM

Quote:
Hey can i rig a toaster to create minature black holes?
June 24, 2006 8:02:29 PM

The E6600 will cost more than 3 times as much as the PD 805 but it is one hell of a processor!
June 24, 2006 8:07:38 PM

Quote:
If it was made in Taiwan, then yes it can do anything. Hell, it might even give your bread a burnt Virgin Mary.
June 24, 2006 8:11:37 PM

If you're looking at performance, the Pentium D 805 is a laughable chip any way you look at it. A 533 MHz FSB and a 2.66GHz clock speed, as well as all of the infamous disadvantages of the NetBurst arcitecture...

...It's only really worth noting because of the rediculously low price, and that it's about as overclockable as any other NetBurst on the market today.

Of course, note that the Core Duo (pre-Conroe, I see) will be vastly more powerful, but note that it will ALSO be significantly more expensive. However, also considering that it will also run cooler (and quieter) as well as using less power, (yielding better stability without requiring an expensive new power supply) Make the Core Duo well worth the extra cash, at least in my book.
June 24, 2006 8:14:32 PM

Quote:
If it was made in Taiwan, then yes it can do anything. Hell, it might even give your bread a burnt Virgin Mary. What if it was made here in america or in japan is the quality control so good in taiwan that they can make a hairdryer that can blow a hole in solid rock?
June 24, 2006 8:15:17 PM

Quote:
I'm getting set build my new rig but i'm unsure what processor choose.

I'm torn between purchasing a pentium D 805 n overclocking the mother or spending a little more n gettin a core duo E6600.

Advice kindly invited.

No, no no, you're way wrong.
Go and find yourself a slot 1 pentium fo shizzle. It is teh best!!1!!11

:roll:
June 24, 2006 8:48:36 PM

Quote:
Yes.
Amazing! So those cheap little laser pointers i get for 1$ in the vending machine at the mall since they are made in taiwan i can use them to burn a hole in someone?
!