Ground Effect table survey

GREGORY

Sometimes it's not easy to have technical discussions. Maybe come
across as overbearing, challenging, etc. With thread about `adding
thrust on Flare' the Ground Effect came up as possible explanation.

Additionally, what types has Low and High GE? Finally, what is used
in Rec400 AIR file? Here's the answer from a survey of FS8 default
types, also Payware GE.

http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/Rec400.gif

Interesting enough the SAME GE table is used for 777, Lear45, Baron,
and even the Camel biplane. Only difference [really] in chart above is
payware guy has adjusted spacing so linear (flat) segment has LESS
points.. and slope (steep) has MORE points. How ya' like that?? :)

-Gregory

GREGORY

Must comment on remark about `tech discussions'.. not slighting
anyone. Actually this group is very tolerant. In some forums you'll
get locked down or even booted for raising tech topics!!

Here's the details on GE from Aired.ini:

Record 400 *dCl/dAoA vs Relative Height - Ground Effect

Record 400 help
Varies Slope of TBL 404 due to Ground Effect
x = Altitude(AGL) / Wingspan, y = Cl Factor
Increase Y-1.0 by 20% to get significant effect

How's your ground effects?

-Gregory

********************************
On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:17:47 -0400, Gregory
<flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> says the following:

>Sometimes it's not easy to have technical discussions. Maybe come
>across as overbearing, challenging, etc. With thread about `adding
>thrust on Flare' the Ground Effect came up as possible explanation.
>
>Additionally, what types has Low and High GE? Finally, what is used
>in Rec400 AIR file? Here's the answer from a survey of FS8 default
>types, also Payware GE.
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/Rec400.gif
>

>Interesting enough the SAME GE table is used for 777, Lear45, Baron,
>and even the Camel biplane. Only difference [really] in chart above is
>payware guy has adjusted spacing so linear (flat) segment has LESS
>points.. and slope (steep) has MORE points. How ya' like that?? :)
>

> -Gregory

I'm glad there are a few of you out there posting this. Many times I don't
initially understand some of them but over several return visits, things
start to make sense. It also gives one insights as to how parts of the sim
actually work. It's never wrong to share the knowledge.

Mike