Help I Can't hook up Thermaltake Armor USB Ports

jazzman2

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2006
I have the Thermaltake Armor case and the Asus AM2 M2N32 Wireless Mobo. I'm having a hard time trying to figure where the plugs go on the Mobo. The USB are in a 4 Pin block and doesn't line up right (I think). Can I boot it up and just test it or would that damage something? What is the best way to change the pin configuration (Cut the wires) :?: ? Anyone have the same setup? Also the case has two usb ports and the mobo only has one to plug into. Anything that can be done there? The audio has two pins labled Return do I plug those into NC? What is NC?
Thanks all

labortius

Distinguished
May 17, 2004
Well with my Asus, I think the one USB plug runs two USB ports at the front. I couldn't get it to run in USB2 mode so I gave up.

Check the plug and the socket very carefuly. Mine had a pin missing to help you line it up. I don't know what will happen if you plug it in wrong. Either the world will stop turning and we'll all die, or nothing. Maybe.

What does the manual say?!?

Dcepter1

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
I have the same case, but my motherboard is the A8n32. Nothing will happen if you test out the connections, at least I have never seen anything happen. If you use the manual it will give you a layout of the motherboard and even highlight exactly where all the connections are and a brief explanation. Asus is pretty good about that. I almost never use the case microphone and audio connections, since I always use something else anyway. The USB ports should be the easiest to hook up, find the connection on the motherboard and plug it in, it only goes in one way. On the board it will probably say USB56, USB78, or something like that in small white letters. NC? Not sure what that is but for audio connectors it usually says something like FP_AUDIO.

hattorihanso

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
My motherboard is burning out , because my wife hardly push with legs to cable (haedphones coneccted) put in USB TOP port . USB port also burned ....

The my question is where can I buy , only cable set for my ARMOR THERMALTAKE ?