Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Hello. My start menu in XP has shifted to the right side
of my monitor instead of being at the bottom. I have no
idea how this happened as I wasn't using it at the time.
I have tried to switch it back thru the taskbar and start
menu properties but can't figure it out. Can someone let
me know how to swith it back to the bottom? Thanks.

Hi,

Make sure the taskbar isn't locked, to do this right click a empty area of
your taskbar and see if the "Lock the Taskbar" option has a checkmark next
to it.
If there is then select it.

Once there isn't a checkmark next to "Lock the Taskbar" click on the same
empty area of your taskbar, and drag and drop the taskbar from the right
down to the bottom.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User