LG Reportedly Prices Nexus 4 at €599 for Retailers

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I guess this explains o2's outrageous pricing...
http://news.o2.co.uk/2012/10/31/the-nexus-4s-coming-to-o2/

cumi2k4

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
thank you LG for assuring me that this phone is definitely a not buy for me... for $350 i'm still on the fence with the sdcard and user removeable battery fiasco, but this really seal the deal for me. Good luck competing with samsung's.

madooo12

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
[citation][nom]spentshells[/nom]It was a mediocre phone now with a premium price LG better smarten up I am quite sure apple has a patent on overpriced underpowered phones.[/citation]
it's great, actually one of the best phones if not the best, even for that price, what's bad is that people thought this would change the mobile phone market (cheaper better smartphones) if it had the $299/$349 price, but now it won't

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]madooo12[/nom]the nexus has much better specs you knowhttp://www.gsmarena.com/compare.ph [...] hone2=4238[/citation]

Yep, like 8GB/16GB, errr.. wait that's crappy
but it has no micro sd! Oh wait, that's crappy too
But it only has 3G connection, oh wait having 4G LTE is better

Yes, the specs are sooooo much better...

prakalejas

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2005
[citation][nom]madooo12[/nom]the nexus has much better specs you knowhttp://www.gsmarena.com/compare.ph [...] hone2=4238[/citation]

In what way it has MUCH BETTER specs? Faster CPU, more RAM and slightly higher res? I can't get over 50% of usage of S3 quadcore cpu, even at GL-Benchmark it uses only 3 cores and max 25% of all processing power. Ok, maybe more RAM would be nice, but samsung added really nice features (like notification LED, motions, gives away some big games for free and so on).

So samsung has done a very good job at satisfying a customer and yet LG tries to compete using aggresive pricing seems too optimistic at the moment.

madooo12

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
[citation][nom]wemakeourfuture[/nom]Yep, like 8GB/16GB, errr.. wait that's crappybut it has no micro sd! Oh wait, that's crappy tooBut it only has 3G connection, oh wait having 4G LTE is betterYes, the specs are sooooo much better...[/citation]
-well storage is a good thing, but most people won't use more than a couple of GBs (I don't know lots of people who would enjoy an RPG/FPS on their mobile phone)
-uSD is very slow, it's useful, but it's not there, most phones don't have one, not a dealbreaker, especially for that value
-95% of the world don't have 4G, google doesn't have to design a phone just for you

[citation][nom]prakalejas[/nom]In what way it has MUCH BETTER specs? Faster CPU, more RAM and slightly higher res? I can't get over 50% of usage of S3 quadcore cpu, even at GL-Benchmark it uses only 3 cores and max 25% of all processing power. Ok, maybe more RAM would be nice, but samsung added really nice features (like notification LED, motions, gives away some big games for free and so on).So samsung has done a very good job at satisfying a customer and yet LG tries to compete using aggresive pricing seems too optimistic at the moment.[/citation]
the RAM as you said is very important, the krait CPU is more power efficient than the A9 CPU, I don't know if the nexus will have a notification LED, maybe it will, I don't know what motons is, free games are quite good

other things the nexus beats the s3 in : software which is greatly better (the 12/2010 nexus S had JB before the S3), DC-HSPA, which I think is more available than LTE but is still fast, i haven't read any detailed speaker/battery/screen/camera tests so far, but I read on two websites (anandtech is one) that the screen is great and on another site I read that the camera is great too

I hate LG for the prices, maybe google will have something to say about this, just hope it is released here for a price tag close to the US one

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]madooo12[/nom]-well storage is a good thing, but most people won't use more than a couple of GBs (I don't know lots of people who would enjoy an RPG/FPS on their mobile phone)-uSD is very slow, it's useful, but it's not there, most phones don't have one, not a dealbreaker, especially for that value-95% of the world don't have 4G, google doesn't have to design a phone just for youthe RAM as you said is very important, the krait CPU is more power efficient than the A9 CPU, I don't know if the nexus will have a notification LED, maybe it will, I don't know what motons is, free games are quite goodother things the nexus beats the s3 in : software which is greatly better (the 12/2010 nexus S had JB before the S3), DC-HSPA, which I think is more available than LTE but is still fast, i haven't read any detailed speaker/battery/screen/camera tests so far, but I read on two websites (anandtech is one) that the screen is great and on another site I read that the camera is great tooI hate LG for the prices, maybe google will have something to say about this, just hope it is released here for a price tag close to the US one[/citation]

Most phones over $350 USD in the North American market have 4G. By the way the largest market for Smartphones is North America, Japan, Korea, Europe, Australia

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]madooo12[/nom]-well storage is a good thing, but most people won't use more than a couple of GBs (I don't know lots of people who would enjoy an RPG/FPS on their mobile phone)-uSD is very slow, it's useful, but it's not there, most phones don't have one, not a dealbreaker, especially for that value-95% of the world don't have 4G, google doesn't have to design a phone just for youthe RAM as you said is very important, the krait CPU is more power efficient than the A9 CPU, I don't know if the nexus will have a notification LED, maybe it will, I don't know what motons is, free games are quite goodother things the nexus beats the s3 in : software which is greatly better (the 12/2010 nexus S had JB before the S3), DC-HSPA, which I think is more available than LTE but is still fast, i haven't read any detailed speaker/battery/screen/camera tests so far, but I read on two websites (anandtech is one) that the screen is great and on another site I read that the camera is great tooI hate LG for the prices, maybe google will have something to say about this, just hope it is released here for a price tag close to the US one[/citation]

Most of my response got cut.

After North America, Japan, Korea, Europe and Australia.

Its Brazil, Russia, India and China. The first 3 have pockets of 4G service.

Saying 95% of the smartphone users in the world don't have 4G is plain wrong. They may choose not to use the service or have a phone that doesn't, but any new smartphone they do purchase (except the Nexus) will offer it. So they're slowly being phased in. That's like saying years ago offer a smartphone with just 2G because mostly people currently are not using 3G. Having a 3G phone when its almost 2013 is a joke.

In terms of size, 8GB is a joke. You're talking about RPG/FPS, what are you joking?
We're talking about people who use their phones to take most of their pictures, sharing them on Facebook and instagram.

People taking 1080p video of their children.
People listening to their music and having some games to kill time.

This is where people need more space than 8GB. But wait they don't even get 8GB, after the OS and adjusting for 2^30 bytes is close to 5.5GB left. That's a joke, at least they offer the 16GB.

You're talking about most people only use a couple of GB, from my experience and people I know that's complexly not accurate. There's reasons why all decent smartphones are starting with 16GB not 8GB anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.