HP Deskjet 990cxi ink usage

Hi,

I was wondering how many regular (10x15) photos I can print with one
ink cartridge? I'm using the HP cartridge number 78 or something like
that.
2 answers Last reply
More about deskjet 990cxi usage

    About 120 is my guesstimate from my 930 days (same cart).

    "gesundheit" <gesundheit5@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >

    > I was wondering how many regular (10x15) photos I can print with one
    > ink cartridge? I'm using the HP cartridge number 78 or something like
    > that.

    This may be helpful. I have an HP990CSE (CXI is the same printer) and a
    Canon IP4000 in operation. I use the HP primarily for business
    documents and programming and the Canon for Photos.

    The HP draft is slower than the Canon but is far better than Canon and
    rivals the Canon standard. The HP normal while far slower than the
    Canon is better quality print than the standard.

    The bottom line is that the HP for business documents is better. For a
    long business document where speed is important with good quality then
    the Canon is best.

    For Photos there is no contest. The HP is not a photo printer and does
    not produce as good a color. Using the same Costco/Kirkland Paper and
    the same professional Adobe test print the colors of the Canon are truer
    and the photos print substantially faster.

    I would recommend you keep the HP and use it for most of the business
    documents you print and purchase a Canon IP4000 when it is on sale for
    about $100.

    SteveB wrote:

    >About 120 is my guesstimate from my 930 days (same cart).
    >

    >"gesundheit" <gesundheit5@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>Hi,
    >>

    >>I was wondering how many regular (10x15) photos I can print with one
    >>ink cartridge? I'm using the HP cartridge number 78 or something like
    >>that.

Printers Deskjet Hewlett Packard Peripherals