Mr

Hi- I just noticed this a bit ago. When I try to place my pc on hibernate,or
when I click on stand, by nothing happens. PC stays on. Is there a fix & in
the meantime, is there another way to click it into this mode. thanks-Win XP

I had some problems entering hibernation and standby on my Toshiba laptop (I
think these modes are only for laptops).

I found out that Adobe Type Manager was not allowing the computer to enter
either of those modes. To remedy the problem I had to remove the ATM program
using Add/Remove programs. I don't know if this will be applicable in your
situation.

Perhaps you should contact your tech support line if you have one (which I
did), they know the specific issues which affect the products they give
support for.

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 07:43:48 -0700, MR wrote:

> Hi- I just noticed this a bit ago. When I try to place my pc on hibernate,or
> when I click on stand, by nothing happens. PC stays on. Is there a fix & in
> the meantime, is there another way to click it into this mode. thanks-Win XP

How are you trying to place the system into hibernate? If using a keyboard
with a hibernate button, you may need to install the software for that
keyboard. If that's not an issue...

Check Control Panel> Power Options> Hibernate (or APM depending on age of
system) to see if Standby/Hibernate is enabled.

If still no luck... Usually a bit of software (driver or program) is what
interferes with standby and hibernate. You can try to isolate what driver
or program is getting in the way. Software is easy - disable background
programs and test. Isolating a single hardware drivers is a little more
difficult unless you just recently installed a single driver and lost
standby/hibernate. In that case, you could rollback the driver in Device
Manager.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User