Faulty DVDRW Drive Issue?

MarkZX6R

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
I just finished building a computer and everything works fine. I've got a seperate CDROM drive but my DVDRW drive doesn't seem to read anything. I checked the connectors for it and they are all fine, the drive bay opens and closes and the green light flashes, but it won't read anything. Is this a bad drive or a different problem?

Also, my CPU is running around 55 degrees C, is that too hot or is it going to be alright? (It does go down to 49 and as far up as 60, I used the stock heatsink and fan but did not OC or anything, the case itself is at like 33 degrees, mobo at 35)

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
I just finished building a computer and everything works fine. I've got a seperate CDROM drive but my DVDRW drive doesn't seem to read anything. I checked the connectors for it and they are all fine, the drive bay opens and closes and the green light flashes, but it won't read anything. Is this a bad drive or a different problem?

Also, my CPU is running around 55 degrees C, is that too hot or is it going to be alright? (It does go down to 49 and as far up as 60, I used the stock heatsink and fan but did not OC or anything, the case itself is at like 33 degrees, mobo at 35)

Your post is completely useless because it lacks any needed information to generate responses. What DVD burner? What CPU/Case/Motherboard? This all matters, please give AS MUCH INFO as possible when you post.