Sign in with
Your question

HELP!!! building NEW PC FOR 1st Time

Last response: in Systems
June 25, 2006 3:08:20 AM

hey, I am desperately looking for some advice on what CPU to buy, i know you guys going to say fx-62 or w/e duo..but im looking for something GOOD and Cheap i was looking at the
Althon 64 3800+ Orleans AM2, but i am not sure,
and also looking at the Asus M2N-Sli, im sure ill get that cuz so far good reviews and its ASUS had some good feedback form some asus users
and i would like some advide on GOOD Memory that does not exceeds over 200$, thats about it thanks guys.

FIXED

LOL! i just tough about that,

Well i plan on using my PC for games of course, because right now i have a crappy gateway PC,

Games i plan to run: FEAR, Q4, WoW, Tomb Raider Legends, UT2004, UT2007<lol, Oblivion 4, BF4 COD2, and the new announced kickass games such ass war on conflict, battlefield 2124< am i right?

Right now i have about 400$ canadian
and my next check probably be 650$ and if i need more maybe get a loan form my dad

everything i choose is based on rpice and reviews, and some topics form people.

Well i choose the AM2 Althon 64 3800 orleans< beaucse of the budget

planning on getting a Geforce 7600GT, no more than 200$

I was looking at this mobo> Asus M2N-deluxe Sli< is it sli really worth it? yes or no?

when i get advice on a mobo, i need the memory 2gb no more than 200$

well this is about the most important thing i need help with, seriously if there is any other great setup i could make, let me know

I would go any other way, but only if it provides future upgrades!

in total money to spend is about 1,000-1,200 canadian i need fast reply for choosing a mobo and cpu cuz i will be ordering form newegg to my cousins cuz he is coming in about 1.5 weeks to canada.

thakn you, im desperate

the reason im desperate its because i live in Canada is that the CPU are extremly over priced tigerdirect.ca charging 400$ for a am2 3800 orleans, while newegg is only 148....$

Ill do whatever you guys think is the best not over my budget, and if its worth the wait , and buy it in canada

I am not sure if Intel or AMD i am so confused! this erupting technology chages every 5 seconds, there is something better....

More about : building 1st time

June 25, 2006 3:40:24 AM

Quote:
hey, I am desperately looking for some advice on what CPU to buy, i know you guys going to say fx-62 or w/e duo..but im looking for something GOOD and Cheap i was looking at the
Althon 64 3800+ Orleans AM2, but i am not sure,
and also looking at the Asus M2N-Sli, im sure ill get that cuz so far good reviews and its ASUS had some good feedback form some asus users
and i would like some advide on GOOD Memory that does not exceeds over 200$, thats about it thanks guys.

Holy hell, unless you are courting posts from blind people and/or seniors over 80, no need to post so big. Anyway, most people here will tell you the FX-62 is a total ripoff, and NOT to buy one.

However, your post is useless. You ask a question and do not give proper information to answer it. How do you plan on using your system? Games ? Video? Web?

What is your total budget?

Any perfs other than AMD?
June 25, 2006 3:43:57 AM

wow... that post was so colloquial it's laughable.

However, getting back to your questions... it would be helpful to know what you're planning on using this new computer for, otherwise we will have a hard time of recommending parts. The one part I can recommend at this point is the RAM, since I am assuming you are either going for a DDR2 based LGA775 board (should you decide to head the Intel direction). Or, as you said in your post, an AM2 based system. Either way... here is my suggestion:

1GB: OCZ Gold 1GB (2 x 512MB) DDR2-800

2GB: OCZ Gold 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2-800
Related resources
June 25, 2006 3:46:37 AM

Fx-62 IS a big ripoff, buy a 3800 or 4200 and just oc it to 62 settings. DDR2 LGA775 memory is good, highly recommend it. avg price:110-160
June 25, 2006 3:51:26 AM

Quote:
thanks guys.

Don't start two identical threads. You'll have me seeing double.
June 25, 2006 3:54:12 AM

Well i plan on using my PC for games of course, because right now i have a crappy gateway PC,

Games i plan to run: FEAR, Q4, WoW, Tomb Raider Legends, UT2004, UT2007<lol, Oblivion 4, BF4 COD2, and the new announced kickass games such ass war on conflict, battlefield 2124< am i right?

and my next check probably be 650$ and if i need more maybe get a loan form my dad

I was looking at this mobo> Asus M2N-deluxe Sli< is it sli really worth it? yes or no?

well this is about the most important thing i need help with, seriously if there is any other great setup i could make, let me know

in total money to spend is about 1,000-1,200 canadian i need fast reply for choosing a mobo and cpu cuz i will be ordering form newegg to my cousins cuz he is coming in about 1.5 weeks to canada.

thakn you, im desperate

the reason im desperate its because i live in Canada is that the CPU are extremly over priced tigerdirect.ca charging 400$ for a am2 3800 orleans, while newegg is only 148....$

Ill do whatever you guys think is the best not over my budget, and if its worth the wait , and buy it in canada
June 25, 2006 4:21:08 AM

Canadian money????? Go Canucks! 8)

Yup no way i go fx-62....lotsa hype,Way too $$$
June 25, 2006 2:39:08 PM

Quote:

thakn you, im desperate

Never buy anything from TigerDirect.. use NCIX and Memory Express.

Orleans 3800+ is a good choice for your CPU. It is $186 at NCIX.
http://search.ncix.com/displayproductdetail.php?sku=18465&vpn=ADA3800CNBOX&manufacture=AMD

However, after July 25, the dual Core 3800+ is going to around $159 USD. So, that might be worth waiting for.

As far as the video card: here is 7600GT for $139 after the MIR:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130017

Motherboard: Since you ar not going to ever SLI, there is really no reason to buy an SLI motherboard. Get this instead: Asus M2N-E (basically the A8N-E for AM2)- $96 USD/$120 CAD
Link at NCIX- http://search.ncix.com/displayproductdetail.php?sku=18885&vpn=M2N-E&manufacture=ASUS

RAM: It might be wise to get a bit over $200. Let's see here. OCZ 2GB DDR2-800 CLS4 $216 USD/$319 CAD (ouch)

You can never futureproof your system totally. Going AM2 will allow you to move to 65nm dual core at the end of the year or quad core in 2007.
June 25, 2006 3:12:44 PM

i think tigerdirect is just fine, but your in canada so the currency is different obviously. ya its battlefield2142 1st of all, 2nd, a 7600GT will play all those games on medium-high settings, but UT2007, you're gonna have to buff it up a bit, a single gfx card wont cut it.
June 25, 2006 6:19:07 PM

Quote:
Fx-62 IS a big ripoff, buy a 3800 or 4200 and just oc it to 62 settings. DDR2 LGA775 memory is good, highly recommend it. avg price:110-160

What's that?
June 25, 2006 6:37:37 PM

hey, thanks a bunch lol, just right before I SAW YOUR REPLY I FOUND ABOUT THAT NICX SITE WOW! THANKYOU!

I might need a little help choosing a video card that ships in canada, and OUCH with that RAM!!!!!
it'll be like 400$ after taxes? is there anything cheaper and good?

WOW are you 100% positive that duel core with be that cheap? if it is I WILL CERTANLY WAIT ! MONTH plus, i would have my 3rd check by august 10 so when it drops ill get a loan form my dad and get iT!
show me where it says the price drops yo

what about these two 2gb sets at this site
http://www.cipc.com/particulier/produits/M%E9moire/CORSAIR/DDR2/PC6400/Dual+Channel/

thank you
!