Leadtek 7600GT Question

Bolero

Distinguished
May 5, 2006
Hi,

Just upgraded to the MSI K9N-SLI Platinum Motherboard with a 7600GT.

The problem I have is that the screen flickers when changing video modes or changing anything really. This is normally indicative of the video card not getting enough power.

I have don't have a 4 pin molex connector on my video card like I had with my AGP 6600GT. However there is a molex type connector just above the video card on the motherboard........is this the same thing?

Or is there a different kind of connector on the video card itself which I don't recognise as a power connector? What do you think?

Should I plug the Molex connector in anyway even though the card isn't running in SLI with another card?

Thanks again

Bolero

kizuki

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2006
As far as i know, the Leadtek 7600GT does not require a extra power connector. Try upgrading the drivers for the video card or try a different cooling solution.

smartel7070

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
That extra molex connector you are talking about is there to provide extra power to your PCI-E devices, like your video card. I have the same connector on my Abit KN-8 Ultra mobo and I have the same video card as you and I had the same problem until I plugged in the molex conn on the mobo and now everything is ok.

Hope this helps.

Bolero

Distinguished
May 5, 2006
Yes it helps a lot.

Thanks guys, I didn't want to plug something in that might blow up something else....lol

;-)