Ever wanted to chat to other Flight Simmers ?

Have you have wanted to chat to other people interested in flight
simming but had nowhere to go ?

Have you googled for flight sim chat rooms only to find none
out there in the world ?

If so, seek no longer, there is now an IRC Chat Network solely
for those who enjoy grabbing their joysticks (oo'er missus) and
taking to the big blue.

If you haven't had any experience of IRC, then don't worry, it is
simple enough and not too complex, just follow the instructions
below and before long you'll be chatting to others who have
the same interest as yourself.

To start with, you will either require an IRC chat client such
as X-Chat or mIRC, both are free and available to download on the
internet, another option is to access the server through the Java
application on http://www.globalpilottraining.co.uk/news.php
The downside of that is you will need Java.

Once you have an IRC chat application, use the following details to
connect to our network :-

Server = irc.flightsim-chat.net
Port = 6667 for non ssl clients and 6697 for ssl clients
Channels = #GPT (For training}, More are yet to come....

Please inform other people about this new chat network, it
is people like you spreading the word that can help make the
chat network grow into a place well worth going to.

We hope to see you there.

crash

kry10 wrote:
> Have you have wanted to chat to other people interested in flight
> simming but had nowhere to go ?

No. Got everything needed right here...... <G>

Arthur

Since when is mIRC free?

Arthur

CRaSH wrote:
> kry10 wrote:
>> Have you have wanted to chat to other people interested in flight
>> simming but had nowhere to go ?
>>

> No. Got everything needed right here...... <G>

plus we get both Dutch and German here. We can't all understand it, but what
the heck?
We're all lovely people:)

--
Cheers,

Quilly

Sorry, but an individual reply goes into my spam filter

Arthur wrote:
> Since when is mIRC free?
>
> Arthur
>
> "kry10" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>
>>(snip)
>>To start with, you will either require an IRC chat client such
>>as X-Chat or mIRC, both are free and available to download on the
>>internet, another option is to access the server through the Java
>>application on http://www.globalpilottraining.co.uk/news.php
>>The downside of that is you will need Java.
>>
>>Once you have an IRC chat application, use the following details to
>>connect to our network :-
>>
>>Server = irc.flightsim-chat.net
>>Port = 6667 for non ssl clients and 6697 for ssl clients
>>Channels = #GPT (For training}, More are yet to come....
>>
>>Please inform other people about this new chat network, it
>>is people like you spreading the word that can help make the
>>chat network grow into a place well worth going to.
>>
>>We hope to see you there.

Fair point, but x-chat from http://www.silverex.org/news/ is
definately free.

To those people who stated that they was happy on the newsgroup,
I was not suggesting for a second ditching the group, I was just
offering another possibility to chat to each other without having
to wait until someone else manages to open their news client
then check for the post then read the post then post a reply.

Some people prefer to chat in realtime rather than playing
ping pong with a news post, but, if you don't wish to chat
to other flight simmers, then that is your choice.