Windows not installing drivers for me!!!

coreydmorton

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
I've just done a fresh install of windows 7, but for some strange reason, devices are not being installed properly. For example, i have my video card hooked up and my monitor. And they're working, (ish) but they're being detected as "standard" This is frustrating me because i don't want to have to search for drivers every time i buy a new device. Like i can't even plug in my 360 controller any more, the pc detects it, but does NOTHING. If i try to update the driver it says it's up to date. (Which it definitely is) It's almost like my devices are using a safe mode for when their drivers aren't installed. But, for example, install the driver first, like i went on the nvidia site and downloaded the driver software, which forced my video card to work and update to the latest driver. Does anyone recognize this issue?

coreydmorton

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
I'm not asking it to include them, i'm asking for it to do what it's always done. Install them for me, because not all drivers can be found. For example, my 360 controller. Windows has always installed my devices for me, until now. Those answers are no help.