Backing up the registry Windows Home XP ed

Hi -

I am trying to find a way to back up the registry. The
only hint I can find is to add back up from the Windows
CD rom. Unfortunately, I don't think that CD rom came w/
my system.

I have the following
System recovery CD
Application recovery CD
Driver Recovery CD
Word
Visio
Visio standard
Office XP
Front Page

If none of these are the correct CDs to get the back up
program, is there anywhere on line to download it?

Thanks,

Marni

ERUNT Registry backup tool:
http://home.t-online.de/home/lars.hederer/erunt
--
Bruce Hagen
~IB-CA~

"Marni" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi -
>
> I am trying to find a way to back up the registry. The
> only hint I can find is to add back up from the Windows
> CD rom. Unfortunately, I don't think that CD rom came w/
> my system.
>
> I have the following
> System recovery CD
> Application recovery CD
> Driver Recovery CD
> Word
> Visio
> Visio standard
> Office XP
> Front Page
>
> If none of these are the correct CDs to get the back up
> program, is there anywhere on line to download it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marni

The System Recovery CD has the Backup program. However, the registry backup
is not included.

"Marni" wrote:

> Hi -
>
> I am trying to find a way to back up the registry. The
> only hint I can find is to add back up from the Windows
> CD rom. Unfortunately, I don't think that CD rom came w/
> my system.
>
> I have the following
> System recovery CD
> Application recovery CD
> Driver Recovery CD
> Word
> Visio
> Visio standard
> Office XP
> Front Page
>
> If none of these are the correct CDs to get the back up
> program, is there anywhere on line to download it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marni

Thanks Guys!

I will try it!

Marni

That version of Backup does not permit backing up the System State?

"Chuck Davis" <ChuckDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The System Recovery CD has the Backup program. However, the registry
> backup
> is not included.
>
> "Marni" wrote:
>
>> Hi -
>>
>> I am trying to find a way to back up the registry. The
>> only hint I can find is to add back up from the Windows
>> CD rom. Unfortunately, I don't think that CD rom came w/
>> my system.
>>
>> I have the following
>> System recovery CD
>> Application recovery CD
>> Driver Recovery CD
>> Word
>> Visio
>> Visio standard
>> Office XP
>> Front Page
>>
>> If none of these are the correct CDs to get the back up
>> program, is there anywhere on line to download it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Marni

Hi

I use a small program called ERunt. It can be used to backup and restore
the Registry:

http://home.t-online.de/home/lars.hederer/erunt/index.htm

--

Will Denny