Games! - What games?

muddywellies

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
Games! I'm new to Tomshardware, came across it for the first time earlier this month, very impressive. I was fascinated by the article (June 12) entitled "Your diy 4GHz dual core gaming rig for 600 Euros", I thought, that's for me. This is my first post.

My own first PC was a Dell 386 with a 33hz chip that was enhanced piecemeal up through to W95 and eventually W98 before having to finally succumb due to the needs of Win2000. My present home built 4 yr old machine now runs XP Pro with 15 gigs still remaining unused on the original 40GB HD!

I don't do games as you can tell. I'm amazed by their graphic quality when I look over the shoulders of a teenager destroying everything on screen in the store.

Me? I'm someone who has trouble keeping up with the likes Photoshop CS2, Indesign CS2, Dreamweaver 8 or Fireworks 8. I haven't even got Flash 8 out of the box! So you know where I'm coming from.

My PC with 1gig of Ram is really showing its age, especially whenever I am using Adobe's Bridge and Photoshop simultaneously. I'm amazed they actually work - when you consider my graphics card is a Viper with 64k!!

Seems to me everyone is looking forward to big things happening in the near future, recent posts are advised to bide their time for a few weeks. I will do the same for now and meanwhile I shall read and soak up all your highly informative postings. They are excellent, thank you all. Watercooling is something which certainly catches my eye.

linux_0

Splendid
Games! I'm new to Tomshardware, came across it for the first time earlier this month, very impressive. I was fascinated by the article (June 12) entitled "Your diy 4GHz dual core gaming rig for 600 Euros", I thought, that's for me. This is my first post.

My own first PC was a Dell 386 with a 33hz chip that was enhanced piecemeal up through to W95 and eventually W98 before having to finally succumb due to the needs of Win2000. My present home built 4 yr old machine now runs XP Pro with 15 gigs still remaining unused on the original 40GB HD!

I don't do games as you can tell. I'm amazed by their graphic quality when I look over the shoulders of a teenager destroying everything on screen in the store.

Me? I'm someone who has trouble keeping up with the likes Photoshop CS2, Indesign CS2, Dreamweaver 8 or Fireworks 8. I haven't even got Flash 8 out of the box! So you know where I'm coming from.

My PC with 1gig of Ram is really showing its age, especially whenever I am using Adobe's Bridge and Photoshop simultaneously. I'm amazed they actually work - when you consider my graphics card is a Viper with 64k!!

Seems to me everyone is looking forward to big things happening in the near future, recent posts are advised to bide their time for a few weeks. I will do the same for now and meanwhile I shall read and soak up all your highly informative postings. They are excellent, thank you all. Watercooling is something which certainly catches my eye.

64k?????

You mean 64MB?