Roger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Is there any way to set the sequence in which start-up programs are loaded
when starting Windows?
I have an ADSL connection which always starts when I boot up and does not
seem to be configurable to start on demand only. Frequently I have an up and
running ADSL connection BEFORE my firewall, (Zone alarm pro) or my antivirus,
(Panda 2004) are activated.
This must create a window of opportunity for unprotected intrusions into my
system.

"Roger" <Roger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is there any way to set the sequence in which start-up programs are loaded
>when starting Windows?

Not really. You could write a batch file and use the START command to
start your applications from here. You can then put the commands in
the desired order, but this will not work with Services.

--
(tm)