apprentice25

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
Another naive question from a future first time builder.
I am going to buy an Asus motherboard for AM2.
Will the power supply have all of the connectors that I need?
I think that for $100 I will be in business. Of course I can be talked out of buying this case in favor of another one. Suggestions would be appreicated.

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
case is good. PSU is good.

u should be fine. also u can prolly pair a coolermaster centurion 531, 532, 534 with the same PSU, the cooler masters should give better cooling.

CNeufeld

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
Another naive question from a future first time builder.
I am going to buy an Asus motherboard for AM2.
Will the power supply have all of the connectors that I need?
I think that for $100 I will be in business. Of course I can be talked out of buying this case in favor of another one. Suggestions would be appreicated.

I've got the Sonata II with an Intel setup (Asus P5LD2 board, Intel 830D processor), and I'm quite happy with it. I'd buy it again. I don't know what other connectors you'd want; it's got SATA, IDE, 20/24 pin MB connectors... It's got decent noise management, like rubber stand-offs for the fans and HD's, tool-less HD and optical rails for easy shuffling around. The HD's end up nicely spaced (not stacked right on top of one another. I do wish that the optical drive system was a little different, as it leaves a gap beside the drive to get your fingers in to release it. The way my machine is set up, that exposes a chunk of the drive. But that's strictly cosmetic, and nothing a can of spray paint won't fix. :)

If you have any specific questions, let me know.

Clint

Clint