Looking for and inexpensive printer that has reasonably pr..

gramps

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2004

My daughter is looking for an inexpensive printer to do mostly school
work for her girls, with an occasional photo. She is replacing an
Epson 800, so most printers will be a step up.

As they are having financial issues and I may but the printer, the
cost of ink is real a concern.

Thanks,

While I recommend the Canon IP4000 most of time with OEM ink, in this
case I would recommend the Canon IP3000 and would take a risk using
Formulabs prefilled cartridges that can be obtained form
http://www.88inkjets.com/

Gramps@oldtown.com wrote:

>My daughter is looking for an inexpensive printer to do mostly school
>work for her girls, with an occasional photo. She is replacing an
>Epson 800, so most printers will be a step up.
>
>As they are having financial issues and I may but the printer, the
>cost of ink is real a concern.
>
>Thanks,

BURT

Formulabs inks are also available from Alotofthings.com

Burt wrote:

>Formulabs inks are also available from Alotofthings.com

To me personally it is alotofcrap and I will always feel that way about
alotofunprofessionalism.

><Gramps@oldtown.com> wrote in message
>

>>My daughter is looking for an inexpensive printer to do mostly school
>>work for her girls, with an occasional photo. She is replacing an
>>Epson 800, so most printers will be a step up.
>>
>>As they are having financial issues and I may but the printer, the
>>cost of ink is real a concern.
>>
>>Thanks,

If money is an issue, they should determine if the SC800 can't be
maintained to make work again. These were very robust machines for the
the cost. If your daughter wishes to receive a manual to explain how to
clean the heads, (using household cleaners) I would be pleased to send
her a copy for free. No Spam.

Epson SC800 cartridges can be acquired on bay for literally a couple of
bucks for the CYO or K units, and are easy to refill as well. Unless
the SC800 is actually "broken" and not just needing a good cleaning, it
may be a bit slow, but it is a good printer.

Art