How do I get excel file from pocket pc to Jornada 720

November 25, 2004 12:22:52 PM

Is there anybody that can help me with telling me how I can get several
excel files from my pocket PC IPAQ 2215 to my Jornada 720? Any help is
appreciated........Peter
Anonymous
November 25, 2004 12:22:53 PM

My recollection is that the Pocket PC and Handheld PC (Jornada 720)
Excel file formats are different. So, the best way to do it is to use an
PC with ActiveSync to auto-translate the Pocket PC format to desktop
Excel format and then let ActiveSync translate that to the Handheld PC
format when you copy the files from the desktop to the Handheld PC.
--
Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info

PeterM wrote:
> Is there anybody that can help me with telling me how I can get several
> excel files from my pocket PC IPAQ 2215 to my Jornada 720? Any help is
> appreciated........Peter
November 25, 2004 3:28:49 PM

Thank you Todd, Ill try that.................Peter

"Todd Ogasawara, Mobile Devices MVP" <Todd_MSN@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote in
message news:o VANRIy0EHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> My recollection is that the Pocket PC and Handheld PC (Jornada 720) Excel
> file formats are different. So, the best way to do it is to use an PC with
> ActiveSync to auto-translate the Pocket PC format to desktop Excel format
> and then let ActiveSync translate that to the Handheld PC format when you
> copy the files from the desktop to the Handheld PC.
> --
> Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
> Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info
> http://www.OgasaWalrus.com/MobileDot/ - Brief News & Comments
>

> PeterM wrote:
>> Is there anybody that can help me with telling me how I can get several
>> excel files from my pocket PC IPAQ 2215 to my Jornada 720? Any help is
>> appreciated........Peter
November 25, 2004 3:43:20 PM

Barring that option, the 2215 Pocket Excel can Save As an excel 97/2000
workbook which I would think you could IR beam to the 720 and read.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
"Todd Ogasawara, Mobile Devices MVP" <Todd_MSN@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote in
message news:o VANRIy0EHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> My recollection is that the Pocket PC and Handheld PC (Jornada 720)
> Excel file formats are different. So, the best way to do it is to use an
> PC with ActiveSync to auto-translate the Pocket PC format to desktop
> Excel format and then let ActiveSync translate that to the Handheld PC
> format when you copy the files from the desktop to the Handheld PC.
> --
> Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
> Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info
> http://www.OgasaWalrus.com/MobileDot/ - Brief News & Comments
>

> PeterM wrote:
> > Is there anybody that can help me with telling me how I can get several
> > excel files from my pocket PC IPAQ 2215 to my Jornada 720? Any help is
> > appreciated........Peter
November 25, 2004 3:43:21 PM

Oh my God, yes that sounds like the perfect idea...........I'll try
it........Peter

!