Are Radeons cards really better than NVidia?

Check here: http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html

Are they really better? Someone here may have told me that NVidia is better.
145 answers Last reply
More about radeons cards nvidia
  1. OMFG. Again, this topic had killed and beaten the poor horse. PLus, those charts don't have the 7900 series in them. But please, stop making stupid posts like that.
  2. It just depends on what you want in gaming vs. how much eye candy you can afford. In a general sense, it doesn't matter which you buy. But the ATI X1300 sucks, the X1600 (and 6600) is okay but not as good as a 6800GS for example, and they are the new minimum cards for gaming. If you have an AGP system yet, the 6800GS is the best value and you shouldn't invest any more than that into an old system these days. Anything above a nvidia 7600 (the new midrange) will be fine if the rest of your system is up to date. When you're talking about the top shelf cards it doesn't matter which brand you buy, although the fanboys will say otherwise. A couple FPS in speed either way at that level can't be noticed by humans inside the game.

DX10 cards will be out towards the end of the year, so best to wait for those if you can. That's the basic's and a search here will tell you the rest. You didn't say what you have now or what you need a card to do, so it all depends. But search and read past posts first.
  3. Quote:
    If you have an AGP system yet, the 6800GS is the best value and you shouldn't invest any more than that into an old system these days.

The X800 GTO is also good value, not to mention used X800 XL's or 6800 GTs.
  4. 6800GT's are a bit overpriced these days...
  5. I said ***USED*** X800 XL's or 6800 GTs... :)
  6. LOL! I didn't see that.... Sooorryyy.... :oops:
  7. Quote:
    OMFG. Again, this topic had killed and beaten the poor horse. PLus, those charts don't have the 7900 series in them. But please, stop making stupid posts like that.

Hey idiot in case you have not noticed this is a discussion FORUM and it does not really matter if this topic has been discussed before or not :roll: What is the point of having a FORUM if you cannot discuss something?

I have never been to a FORUM before where a topic was posted and discussed only ONCE :roll: :roll: :roll: It has always been this way and it will continue to be that way so if you dont like it then mabey you should stop reading them or leave? MMMkkkayyyyyyy.
  8. Urdad, first off, why must you capitolize forum?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next off, I agree whole heartedly, its always nice to talk about something more than once. However this topic has been covered at least 6 dozen times.
    So scroll back a few pages and just image why were sick of seeing threads as such. Especially with such general topics that have the tendancy to cause idiots to come in here and run their mouths (such as yourself).

So try to think intelligently before you post....thanks in advance.
  9. Quote:
    this topic has been covered at least 6 dozen times.

6 dozen or 12 dozen times it doesnt really matter :roll: its always been this way and its not going to change. If you dont like it then simply ignore the topics that you have already read and move on with yourself.

A discussion forum is intended for discussions no matter how many times its already been discussed. What its not intended for is little cry babys like you and prozack who feel the need to bitch and complain when things dont go the way you think they should.

2 choices for you guys.

Get over it and move on with yourself or move out.
  10. Quote:
    A discussion forum is intended for discussions no matter how many times its already been discussed. What its not intended for is little cry babys like you and prozack who feel the need to bitch and complain when things dont go the way you think they should.

I think what prozac meant was that you should have used the search feature first.

If you have so many other forums you visit and you don't like the fact that on this one people would rather you searched for an answer to your problem before starting another ATi/nV/Intel/AMD thread, then I suggest you use those ones and not this.

Not meaning to sound unfriendly, but it is fair enough that this one's a real dead pony as far as discussion goes...you really should have searched for an answer first.
  11. Quote:

I think what prozac meant was that you should have used the search feature first.

If you have so many other forums you visit and you don't like the fact that on this one people would rather you searched for an answer to your problem before starting another ATi/nV/Intel/AMD thread, then I suggest you use those ones and not this.

Not meaning to sound unfriendly, but it is fair enough that this one's a real dead pony as far as discussion goes...you really should have searched for an answer first.

And the same thing I said applies to you. It will not change. Get over it.
    One more cry baby to add to the list. :roll:
  12. Thats one more person with an opinion I add to my respect list.....

BTW: I doubt you'll make it at this rate.

So do you have anything knowledgable to offer to this thread?
    Considering your quite new here, it would have been a little more smart a move to offer your technical advice and comment on our "cry baby" attitude later.
  13. First of all, you're a n00b, no one give a rat's as s about you. Second, you're calling me an idiot, but you know, you can't be compared to me or my knowledge. Third, if you've been living in a cardboard box with no internet, I don't fault you, but even you should know people have been killing each other over this topic like a gazillion times, so there's no need to repeat stuff like this.
  14. Quote:
    you know, you can't be compared to me or my knowledge.

Yeah you are so right! I only wish I could be the whiney little bitch that you are! LMAO! Must take alot of knowledge for that :roll:
  15. Now, now children.

Don't make your mother and I have to separate you.
  16. Quote:

Yeah you are so right! I only wish I could be the whiney little bitch that you are! LMAO! Must take alot of knowledge for that :roll:
    You're the one whining and bitching, not me.
  17. Quote:

You're the one whining and bitching, not me.

Hmmm I think you should take a look at your first post in this topic. (OMG OMG I HAVE HEARD THIS BEFORE! WHAAAAAA WHAAAAAA!) Yeah I thought so :roll: :roll: :roll:
  18. I was stating the fact that this has been talked about, and since you're the one who hasn't read it, go and read it.
  19. Anyway getting back to the original post. The xt1900xtx is the radeon flagship. The chart did not include Nvidia top cards (7900gtx or 7950 gt)

If they cannot win when Nvidias flagship 7900gtx's or 7950 gt's are not on this test when can they win.

Radeon have always won on some games ie HL2 and nvidia have been stronger on others (Doom 3 &Quake 4).

The chart is not a true and to date reflechtion of the market today.
  20. Quote:
    I was crying and bitching about the fact that this has been talked about already, Im pathetic and have no life so I must complain when things dont go the way I think they should.

There ya go. Fixed it for ya! :D
  21. Hahaha, funny, you should be a stand-up comic in front of the Dollar store :roll:
  22. Quote:
    Anyway getting back to the original post. The xt1900xtx is the radeon flagship. The chart did not include Nvidia top cards (7900gtx or 7950 gt)

If they cannot win when Nvidias flagship 7900gtx's or 7950 gt's are not on this test when can they win.

Radeon have always won on some games ie HL2 and nvidia have been stronger on others (Doom 3 &Quake 4).

Prozack you should take notes from this guy. Now this is a proper response to the original question :wink:
  23. Quote:
    Hahaha, funny, you should be a stand-up comic in front of the Dollar store :roll:

Huhuhuhuhuhuhuhu! :roll:

Continue to amaze me with your knowledge ol wise one!
  24. Quote:
    Anyway getting back to the original post. The xt1900xtx is the radeon flagship. The chart did not include Nvidia top cards (7900gtx or 7950 gt)

Prozack you should take notes from this guy. Now this is a proper response to the original question :wink:
    So should you.
  25. Quote:

So should you.

Yeah because after all im the guy thats crying about things being posted more than once :roll:

And what you say bounces off of me and sticks to you like glue! LMAO this is what you retards are beggining to sound like!

WOW! Nice comeback and soooooooooo original! Man the knowledge some of you guys have is amazing! One day I hope to be as smart as you guys!!!!!!
  26. None of your posts have been productive, why don't you be a productive member of the society? All of your 9 posts were "insults" and don't relate to computers, so go away.
  27. lol, but it's so temptimg to disrespect n00bs. :lol:
  28. Quote:
    OMFG. Again, this topic had killed and beaten the poor horse. PLus, those charts don't have the 7900 series in them. But please, stop making stupid posts like that.

Hey idiot in case you have not noticed this is a discussion FORUM and it does not really matter if this topic has been discussed before or not :roll: What is the point of having a FORUM if you cannot discuss something?

I have never been to a FORUM before where a topic was posted and discussed only ONCE :roll: :roll: :roll: It has always been this way and it will continue to be that way so if you dont like it then mabey you should stop reading them or leave? MMMkkkayyyyyyy.

he dissed the allmighty prozac26 !!!!!!!!!

........ ROFL !!
  29. You've been here less than a day and have accumulated over half a dozen posts, on one topic. Not on of them have been informative.

There's no need to reply to this topic anymore. All the OP has to do is use the search engine on the forum to get an idea of what he/she should do.

You on the other hand have already proven to the other users on this forum that you're more interested in arguing than helping and proof positive that the "Ignore" button on this forum does come in handy.
  30. Quote:
    None of your posts have been productive, why don't you be a productive member of the society? All of your 9 posts were "insults" and don't relate to computers, so go away.

And yours have? yeah okaaayyyyyyyyyyy :roll: :roll: :roll:
  31. Actually, the only pointless posts I had was replying ot you.
  32. Quote:
    Actually, the only pointless posts I had was replying ot you.

No actually you waste of sperm your first post on this topic was the pointless one and all the others after it.
  33. Quote:
    None of your posts have been productive, why don't you be a productive member of the society? All of your 9 posts were "insults" and don't relate to computers, so go away.

34. Quote:

Well I guess we know who is sucking prozacks cock now. LOL.
  35. Okay, if I give a 95% answer will you shut up?

On Toms' at least there are no tests comparing the very latest 7950 nV cards with the 1900XTX, however 7950 and 1900XTX are incomparable - one is a single card and the other is essentially two cards.

For single cards as far as I know the 1900XTX is just about a nose in front, but to my knowledge the nV cards are better for multi-GPU setups.

So there, there's an answer from which you can base some Googling and come back and do a detailed analysis of which points I'm wrong about, why, and which website alternative information comes from.

So perhaps you can use this information to start answering your own question (although searching is apparently not your forte) and stop exchanging lame insults that get noone anywhere.

However seeing as prozac has spent a long time actively and positively contributing to many, many threads and you have spent a relatively short time negatively contributing to one thread, I'm going to side with him on this one.

I'd suggest you decide what you actually want to achieve and if it isn't in the interests of others you can bugger off.
  36. mehh

:trophy:
  37. The only people we are missing now in this topic is that little fag action man who plays with dolls and strangestranger who is just a asshole in general.
  38. Quote:
    Okay, if I give a 95% answer will you shut up?

On Toms' at least there are no tests comparing the very latest 7950 nV cards with the 1900XTX, however 7950 and 1900XTX are incomparable - one is a single card and the other is essentially two cards.

For single cards as far as I know the 1900XTX is just about a nose in front, but to my knowledge the nV cards are better for multi-GPU setups.

So there, there's an answer from which you can base some Googling and come back and do a detailed analysis of which points I'm wrong about, why, and which website alternative information comes from.

So perhaps you can use this information to start answering your own question (although searching is apparently not your forte) and stop exchanging lame insults that get noone anywhere.

However seeing as prozac has spent a long time actively and positively contributing to many, many threads and you have spent a relatively short time negatively contributing to one thread, I'm going to side with him on this one.

I'd suggest you decide what you actually want to achieve and if it isn't in the interests of others you can bugger off.

So let me get this straight, because prozack has been here awhile and what not that gives him the right to be a smartass to whoever he feels like being one too? MMMkkkayyyy.

Because we all know it would have been just to damn hard to simply tell the guy in a nice way to use the search function :roll: :roll: :roll:

I dont care how long he has been here. As long as his attitude is on the same level as sh1t he is no one and neither are you as long as you follow in the foosteps of this asshole.
  39. If I'd have left it at just prozac being here a long time that'd have been really lame of me.

However if you actually read what I said you'll note that I was referring to the amount of time he's spent being useful to others in direct comparison to the continuing amount of time you are spending to the detriment of any 'help each other out' community message.
  40. Quote:
    If I'd have left it at just prozac being here a long time that'd have been really lame of me.

However if you actually read what I said you'll note that I was referring to the amount of time he's spent being useful to others in direct comparison to the continuing amount of time you are spending to the detriment of any 'help each other out' community message.

Word.
  41. Oh god, another sock puppet.
  42. Quote:
    If I'd have left it at just prozac being here a long time that'd have been really lame of me.

And you continue to miss the point :roll: should I really be suprised? :roll:

Once again since you didnt get it the first time. I dont care how long he has been here or what he has done here, it doesnt give him the right to be an ass when he feels something doesnt go his way.
  43. Quote:
    Because we all know it would have been just to damn hard to simply tell the guy in a nice way to use the search function

No one has been nice to you because you haven't been nice to anyone from the beginning.
  44. Quote:

Word.

Is that hard to say with his c0ck in your mouth?
  45. Quote:
    Because we all know it would have been just to damn hard to simply tell the guy in a nice way to use the search function

No one has been nice to you because you haven't been nice to anyone from the beginning.

Im not asking anyone to be nice to me you moron. I think you should start over and maby read the post from the beggining.
  46. ok , so if prozac its being a "a$$" to some one that should know how many times ATI vs nvidia threads have been posted ......

why do u care , this is a forum after all .... if u were face to face , i bet none of this would happen. or from what i know u would start sh!t if someone looked at u the wrong way

stop being a jerk , move on to another thread and start over

and welcome to the Tomshardware forums .......

freakin e-thugs
  47. Quote:
    ok , so if prozac its being a "a$$" to some one that should know how many times ATI vs nvidia threads have been posted ......

why do u care , this is a forum after all .... if u were face to face , i bet none of this would happen. or from what i know u would start sh!t if someone looked at u the wrong way

freakin e-thugs

ROTFLMAO
  48. Quote:
    ok , so if prozac its being a "a$$" to some one that should know how many times ATI vs nvidia threads have been posted ......

freakin e-thugs

ROTFLMAO

:? die noob die
  49. Don't you ever get sick of trolling sock puppet?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Nvidia Graphics Product