Epson R200 Compatible Ink

lewis

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2003

Does anyone have experience with compatible ink cartridges for the Epson
Stylus Photo R200? Although I want to maintain the excellent photo quality
I get from this printer, I'm sure I don't have to pay £60 for a set of
cartridges, when the printer cost £70! Cartridge Monkey sell the full set
for £16
http://www.cartridgemonkey.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_104_1040655&products_id=5767&usersessid=3d7eef94e16b74db5f463da2bb443711
and seem to be very confident that the quality is the same, if not better
than that of the Epson originals. The cartridges are from Formulabs USA
which seem to have a very high reputation for being as good as the
originals. They also say that the cartridges have detergent in the ink just
like the Epson ones to prevent nozzle clogging. Does anyone have any
opinion as to how different the print quality will be, or any experience
with this printer or others in it's family?
Thanks for any advice

Lewis wrote:

>Does anyone have experience with compatible ink cartridges for the Epson
>Stylus Photo R200? Although I want to maintain the excellent photo quality
>I get from this printer, I'm sure I don't have to pay £60 for a set of
>cartridges, when the printer cost £70! Cartridge Monkey sell the full set
>for £16

It seems that the economics of your situation do warrant taking a risk
and Formulabs ink is probably worth the risk. Since Epson printers do
have a greater propensity to clog if not used on a regular basis do be
careful.

>http://www.cartridgemonkey.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_104_1040655&products_id=5767&usersessid=3d7eef94e16b74db5f463da2bb443711
>and seem to be very confident that the quality is the same, if not better
>than that of the Epson originals. The cartridges are from Formulabs USA
>which seem to have a very high reputation for being as good as the
>originals. They also say that the cartridges have detergent in the ink just
>like the Epson ones to prevent nozzle clogging. Does anyone have any
>opinion as to how different the print quality will be, or any experience
>with this printer or others in it's family?

It has been said by some in this NG that they cannot tell the difference.

"Lewis" <sterio_mushroom@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone have experience with compatible ink cartridges for the Epson
> Stylus Photo R200? Although I want to maintain the excellent photo
> quality
> I get from this printer, I'm sure I don't have to pay £60 for a set of
> cartridges, when the printer cost £70! Cartridge Monkey sell the full set
> for £16
> http://www.cartridgemonkey.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_104_1040655&products_id=5767&usersessid=3d7eef94e16b74db5f463da2bb443711
> and seem to be very confident that the quality is the same, if not better
> than that of the Epson originals. The cartridges are from Formulabs USA
> which seem to have a very high reputation for being as good as the
> originals. They also say that the cartridges have detergent in the ink
> just
> like the Epson ones to prevent nozzle clogging. Does anyone have any
> opinion as to how different the print quality will be, or any experience
> with this printer or others in it's family?
> Thanks for any advice

I've been using IMJET inks from
http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/acatalog/Epson_Stylus_Photo_R200.html (£5.98
for a set) for the last month or two - no clogs, but the printer is used
fairly regularly. They are alright as cheap inks, but the batch I have
currently fitted have a slight green cast on b/w images which wasn't there
on previous sets..

The same place also do a set of JETTEC for £18.12, and they were up until
the weekend doing a set of SMARTJET carts for £4.25 (yes, really) - I've got
a set of them but haven't tried them yet.

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

roughly twice the price as other caompats as well