Synchronizing Subfolders Between Pocket PC and Outlook 2003

November 26, 2004 2:47:00 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync (More info?)

Hi All,

I've done some reading and as far as I can tell, it appears that ActiveSync
does not support subfolders for anything other than the Inbox folder in
Outlook. Does anyone know of a good third-party application that offers this
functionality? I'm looking for something that can handle subfolders for
Contacts, Notes and Tasks. I'm using Outlook 2003 if it makes any
difference.

Thanks,
Kris
Anonymous
November 27, 2004 3:11:38 AM

"Kris" <kris_myob_2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I've done some reading and as far as I can tell, it appears that
> ActiveSync does not support subfolders for anything other than the Inbox
> folder in Outlook. Does anyone know of a good third-party application that
> offers this functionality? I'm looking for something that can handle
> subfolders for Contacts, Notes and Tasks. I'm using Outlook 2003 if it
> makes any difference.
>
> Thanks,
> Kris

Hi Kris,

Pocket OnSchedule and Pocket Lookout support synchronization of non-default
folders of PIM items. However, both have their own applications that run on
the device.

* Pocket Lookout ---

http://lookout.vonken.com

* Pocket OnSchedule ---

http://www.odysseyinc.com

MS had released an add-in for syncing Contacts that are stored in sub folder
called Outlook PCS. This add-in doesn't install a seperate application on
the PPC but simply creates a duplicate of the contact items in the sub
folder to the main folder and appends the sub folder name into the
Categories field. This enables you to sort the Contacts on your PPC using
the Category feature. But this add-in is limited to only contact
synchronization.

For more information, you should consider visiting the following sites:

* Outlook Add-in --

http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2002/opcs.aspx

Some users have had problems installing it on a Outlook 2003. For more
information about this add-in ---

http://members.fortunecity.com/rajpillai/OutlookPCS.htm...

For better understanding on how categories can be used to sort:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/articles.php?action=exp...

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/articles.php?action=exp...

--
Regards,
Raj Pillai

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync (More info?)

Dans l'article :upwP5L30EHA.1300@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Kris <kris_myob_2004@hotmail.com> a écrit:
> Hi All,
>
> I've done some reading and as far as I can tell, it appears that
> ActiveSync does not support subfolders for anything other than the
> Inbox folder in Outlook. Does anyone know of a good third-party
> application that offers this functionality? I'm looking for something
> that can handle subfolders for Contacts, Notes and Tasks. I'm using
> Outlook 2003 if it makes any difference.
>
> Thanks,
> Kris

I found IntelliSync from Pumatec, but it crashes on my PC ...

--
Olivier

http://olivier.casse.free.fr
!