Internet Explorer won't connect wirelessly

a b F Wireless
November 26, 2004 12:53:29 AM

IPAQ 2215 with a AmbiCom CF card. Has worked with
Ambicom software but that begin to degrade. Installed
Pocket PC wireless configuration to use with the Card.

I am getting wireless signal (bars....indication on
Wireless tab that it is "connected" to my home Linksys
802.11(b) network etc.) but when I try to use Pocket IE,
my favorites are
dark type (i.e. not grayed out); but when I tap to
connect I immediately get the error message "cannot find
the server."

I have gone through all the setting for the card scores
of times....soft resets..inserting and removing the card
during a reset...chosen use "server signed
address"..connect to the internet option....the whole
nine yards......

But no websites are getting through?

Any help would be appreciated before I waste the rest of
my life trying to get this thing to work....as it did
before.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
November 27, 2004 12:06:28 AM

bigdave, try this: open File Explorer, browse to \Windows and execute
welcome.exe from there. Soft reset the Pocket PC and try again...

"bigdave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> IPAQ 2215 with a AmbiCom CF card. Has worked with
> Ambicom software but that begin to degrade. Installed
> Pocket PC wireless configuration to use with the Card.
>
> I am getting wireless signal (bars....indication on
> Wireless tab that it is "connected" to my home Linksys
> 802.11(b) network etc.) but when I try to use Pocket IE,
> my favorites are
> dark type (i.e. not grayed out); but when I tap to
> connect I immediately get the error message "cannot find
> the server."
>
> I have gone through all the setting for the card scores
> of times....soft resets..inserting and removing the card
> during a reset...chosen use "server signed
> address"..connect to the internet option....the whole
> nine yards......
>
> But no websites are getting through?
>
> Any help would be appreciated before I waste the rest of
> my life trying to get this thing to work....as it did
> before.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
November 27, 2004 2:13:08 PM

Thanks for your suggestion....however, it did not work.
Same message "cannot...." pops right up when trying to
choose a weblink in PIE. Any further suggestions?

Bigdave

contentid=449
>Geekzone Software Store: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
>Our RSS feeds give you up to date information on new
software as soon as
>they're available: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?
contentid=3344

>"bigdave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> IPAQ 2215 with a AmbiCom CF card. Has worked with
>> Ambicom software but that begin to degrade. Installed
>> Pocket PC wireless configuration to use with the Card.
>>
>> I am getting wireless signal (bars....indication on
>> Wireless tab that it is "connected" to my home Linksys
>> 802.11(b) network etc.) but when I try to use Pocket
IE,
>> my favorites are
>> dark type (i.e. not grayed out); but when I tap to
>> connect I immediately get the error message "cannot
find
>> the server."
>>
>> I have gone through all the setting for the card scores
>> of times....soft resets..inserting and removing the
card
>> during a reset...chosen use "server signed
>> address"..connect to the internet option....the whole
>> nine yards......
>>
>> But no websites are getting through?
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated before I waste the rest
of
>> my life trying to get this thing to work....as it did
>> before.
>

>.

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
November 28, 2004 2:19:54 PM

Ok, thanks for trying. Are any other programs working (Inbox for example, if
you use POP email?).

You can download and install the personal (free) VxUtil. With it you can try
and PING www.wired.com by name and address (209.202.221.21). If both PING
are ok, perhaps your Connection is configured to use a proxy. If PING by
name fails but the IP is ok, then you may have a DNS resolution problem -
incorrect configuration?

!