Non-Canon photo papers for PIXMA iP8500?

Thank you everyone for the lively discussion spawned by my previous
post.

I have one question. We can get OfficeMax photo paper here pretty
cheap. Does anyone have any experience printing with PIXMAs on
OfficeMax paper, which is apparently manufactured by Mafcote?

Thanks!

Do not know about Office Max but at Costco or Costco.com you can get
Costco/Kirkland Photo Glossy for $18.95 per 125 sheets letter size. It
is about equal to Canon Photo Paper Pro and 10% of the price. I was
blown away by the results.

tomviolin wrote:

>Thank you everyone for the lively discussion spawned by my previous
>post.
>
>I have one question. We can get OfficeMax photo paper here pretty
>cheap. Does anyone have any experience printing with PIXMAs on
>OfficeMax paper, which is apparently manufactured by Mafcote?
>
>Thanks!

BURT

Now that you've successfully ventured into the murky waters of non-OEM
paper, you might be equally blown away by the results of non-OEM inks at 10%
of the price. Since there are people posting responses that they have used
quality non-OEM inks for from six months to five years with no more harm to
their printers than is experienced with OEM inks you might try them to
satisfy your scientific inquiring mind. By the way, Costco doesn't divulge
the mfgr of their paper any more than the ink vendors tell you who makes
their inks! Except, of course, your favorite vendor who by phone will tell
you that their Arrow carts are filled with Formulabs. You can now buy them
directly from their (still somewhat flawed) web site. Or you can buy MIS
inks (which I can personally vouch for) and their virgin carts to fill just
to satisfy your intellectual curiosity that someone does make a product
every bit as good as Canon. I believe that Wiredbeans carts (only available
on ebay) have Formulabs inks. Weink sells carts (their CRU identified stock
numbers) which they claim are filled with Formulabs inks.