Connecting Front Panel USB to Asus K8N4-E

Coops07

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2005
Hey there, my bro just bought a new MP3 player and it seems that he needs a non-hub usb port, which the back of my case have. So I need to connect my front panel USB ports and I could use a little help. Here's what I have...
Front panel wires read:
(Plus sign in a circle)
Port (Plus sign in a circle)
Port (Minus sign in a circle)
---2 pin connector----

(Minus sign in a circle)
---1 pin connector----

Now for the motherboard there are 3 places to connect extra USB ports (2 for front panel and 1 for extra USB hub they provide I suppose). With some minor variations this is what it looks like in the manual:
Left Side:
USB+5V
USB_P5-
USB_P5+
GND

Right Side:
USB+5V
USB_P6-
USB_P6+
GND
NC

The only variations between the 3 connection areas are on the lines with USB_P#, not that it really matters. I need to know what connectors go with what pins in the front panel.
As well, in the manual they mention USB Jumpers. Do I have to change any of the jumpers to connect these additional ports? Thanks.

Coops07

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2005
I have contacted both Asus (said contact my case manufacturer) and Kingwin who said "we no longer have the manual for this case, sorry", so im pretty much screwed... Any help is appreciated.

Coops07

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2005
It's not that. It's a creative tho. It says it needs a high speed non hub usb port in order to work. Since the front panel is not part of a hub (i'm guessing) it might work.

Coops07

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2005
When I plug in his Creative MP3 Player, it won't charge and isin't recognized by my computer. But works on his friends who also has the same one.