AMD and Dell sign deal for millions of chips

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Wow. all I can say is wow.

Wow!!!

it doesn't look like Intel will be getting back much market share now.

One more time.

WOW!
I Don't Believe It. I need Bigger Proof then Theinquirer to make me believe this Rumor Is even true :x

Dell Sells the Shittyest Products this side of the Communist Automobile Industry. How could AMD even think about latching their Products on those Shytty plastic peices of shytt. damn the cases and motherboards sukk corks. And AMD-Dell(desktop) deal sucks even more. Even if this helps them get more sales But it'll lower the Reputation of AMD for Quality products and quality(overall) because they sell the best CPUs on the biggest Most malfunctioning peices of shytt ever!! FuCC Dell and thier peices of crap

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
Wow. all I can say is wow.

Wow!!!

it doesn't look like Intel will be getting back much market share now.

One more time.

WOW!
I Don't Believe It. I need Bigger Proof then Theinquirer to make me believe this Rumor Is even true :x

If I rememeber correctly you believed when Inq said "Google goes back to Intel."

I guess 9 inch was right that if it's pro AMD it's bad.

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
AMD can't release more than 2 Major Events in a week. They Reported that they have a 300mm wafter NY factory. and claim that Everybody Loves the K8L 4X4 platform. And now that Dell had taken their cheap chinese Plastic shtyy and stuck it up AMDs u knowwhere. It's too much too fast to believe. This is just to hard to believe. And i believed the Google-intel thing because it came on 3 other sites before it was posted up here and theinquirer. i look for other sourses not just theinqirer. fucc Dell

Dell isn't that bad. I built a few Dell systems, and with amd processors, I might even buy one someday. You can't beat the price. A sempron system with monitor for $299. I could live with that.

9-inch

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
Sorry to interrupt your party, but where is AMD going to get all those chips from?

They have one huge 300mm fab (fab-36) and chartered. Then they'll have fab-38 (which is an expanded fab-30 with 300mm support).
The biggest fab AMD is building will be in the U.S. (I don't know it's name yet).

shinigamiX

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006
Not everyone believes the Inq.. I didn't believe them about the Google thing. But they normally(widest possible definition of normally) hold a small degree of truth, or at least indicative of what 'word on the street' is - even if that street is the one outside the Inq's office. While I'm hesitant to believe that the deal will mark the start of Intel's demise(sounds like Dell is preparing to make more PCs, not exclude Intel - just a hunch), maybe the size of this deal will surprised everyone one way or the other. And product diversity is *always* a plus.

PS Does Apple manufacture as much as Lenovo?? Surprising...

Holy crap I just read my post I have no idea what I just said.

Ycon

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
8whxf6.jpg

FAT_ALBERT

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2006
Because AMD wants profits more than the aleternative, I'm not supprised really, also Dell has pretty fair prices, shure they sell shit sometimes, but the make a lot doing it. This is just good bussness.

Also AMD is expanding its refining copacity

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/06/25/amd_to_build_32nm_fab_in_ny/

and laugh at this all you want but the dell rep at work said that we would see some new powerful machines coming soon, we also have a meeting with dell to "get cought up on the latest tech"

Here is a good barometer to see if the news is true:

AMD's stock price, which is currently down about 50 cents.

When this news breaks from a reliable source and is true you will see AMD's stock price have a VERY, and I mean, VERY large one day gain of about 20-50% (my estimate).

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Dell Fans Will not like this deal. Because Dell users were Prominently Happy with their Pentium 4 HT "prescott" Peices Of Shytt. Because they were only given those peices of crapp at the 400-800 Range. Now that AMD(maybe) has entred the Battlefield this will enrage "Prescott" fans because most of them don't want their Awsome peices of Shytt to be competeing against 3500+ and X2 3800+. Dell users might become afraid and stop buying Dell if they are given a choise besides the "Prescott" these awsome dream systems which are avalible from dell now. Dell users beware you now have mighty Tough destion of either a 550 "prescott" or a 3700+ Ohhhhh Tough Desitions Dell users oHhhhhooohh :roll:

xxenclavexx

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2006
It seems like Dell should have done this a while ago... I mean they could sell their pcs for way cheaper if they picked up some AMD chips, and it would make sense for AMD to use this oportunity to start advertising the crap out of their chips.

Ycon

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Ive used systems with processor speeds up to 3800+ and while they may score a few more fps in games, thats also the only thing they do.
Working with Athlons (not X2) is just a nightmare, nowhere near anything Northwood/Prescott (HT-enabled), oh yes.
You know... Dell has their reasons to use P4s rather than Athlons. The same reason they are using Opteron 800 for their MP systems now.

mpjesse

Splendid
Excluding the headline, they offer no proof or info that the deal was for millions of chips. It's certainly possible, but I'll believe it when I see something less speculative.

weskurtz81

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
YCon, I am not very sure where you get your info from. The single core AMD cpu's trade blows back and forth with equivalently priced Pentium 4's. It's not only in games. If they are so bad, could you please explain the drastic differences you noticed.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
AMD can't release more than 2 Major Events in a week. They Reported that they have a 300mm wafter NY factory. and claim that Everybody Loves the K8L 4X4 platform. And now that Dell had taken their cheap chinese Plastic shtyy and stuck it up AMDs u knowwhere. It's too much too fast to believe. This is just to hard to believe. And i believed the Google-intel thing because it came on 3 other sites before it was posted up here and theinquirer. i look for other sourses not just theinqirer. fucc Dell

this is Intel's fault. First they cut off dell from their great deals and I WOULD BET THAT DELL wnated more ATi and nVidia graphics - since intel's sucks so bad - and Intel said no there's a limit.

Putting a Core 2 on ANY GMAxx IGP is like putting a 2 liter engine in a Mack truck. by using AMD Dell can get some worthwhile IGPs on their cheap systems at a good price.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
:lol: :lol: :lol: Obviously, the start of Intel's demise! :D :) :lol:

i doubt it. They can get more credit than any company in the world. This may make them rethink their "isolationist" stance and let soem other companies make some money.

As I said in another post Intel's crappy graphics may have had alot ot do with the desktop stuff. I can't imagine putting a Core 2 2.13 into a box with an Intel IGP. some don't even run at 1024 well - OK most.

People with 10-15 windows open hate dell because of it.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
Dell isn't that bad. I built a few Dell systems, and with amd processors, I might even buy one someday. You can't beat the price. A sempron system with monitor for $299. I could live with that.

Dell is not bad. i dislike them because they use crappy Intel IGPs on budget boxes. FX5200 is better than that crap. being in IT i usually end up with a Dell.

Do you think intel would let Dell use 50% ATi/nVidia IGPs? intel needs to just get out of the graphics business they really suck at it.

gr8mikey

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2002

Dell is not bad. i dislike them because they use crappy Intel IGPs on budget boxes. FX5200 is better than that crap. being in IT i usually end up with a Dell.

Do you think intel would let Dell use 50% ATi/nVidia IGPs? intel needs to just get out of the graphics business they really suck at it.

I wholeheartedly agree that past intel integrated graphics controllers that I have used really sucked. I wouldn't be surprised if this unit gets the axe during Intels current analysis/reduction of under perfofming units.