• World Of Warcraft
  • Dell
  • Intel
  • Product
Last response: in CPUs
June 26, 2006 6:54:25 PM

Wow. all I can say is wow.

Wow!!!

it doesn't look like Intel will be getting back much market share now.

One more time.

WOW!

More about : amd dell sign deal millions chips

June 26, 2006 6:56:46 PM

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Obviously, the start of Intel's demise! :D  :)  :lol: 
June 26, 2006 6:58:23 PM

Quote:

Wow!!!

One more time.

WOW!

I Don't Believe It. I need Bigger Proof then Theinquirer to make me believe this Rumor Is even true :x

Dell Sells the Shittyest Products this side of the Communist Automobile Industry. How could AMD even think about latching their Products on those Shytty plastic peices of shytt. damn the cases and motherboards sukk corks. And AMD-Dell(desktop) deal sucks even more. Even if this helps them get more sales But it'll lower the Reputation of AMD for Quality products and quality(overall) because they sell the best CPUs on the biggest Most malfunctioning peices of shytt ever!! FuCC Dell and thier peices of crap
June 26, 2006 6:59:56 PM

Sorry to interrupt your party, but where is AMD going to get all those chips from?
June 26, 2006 7:00:16 PM

Might try peaking at LMM's or Shakira's site for reference... everyone else may be expressing tainted views...
June 26, 2006 7:02:53 PM

Quote:

Wow!!!

One more time.

WOW!

I Don't Believe It. I need Bigger Proof then Theinquirer to make me believe this Rumor Is even true :x

If I rememeber correctly you believed when Inq said "Google goes back to Intel."

I guess 9 inch was right that if it's pro AMD it's bad.
June 26, 2006 7:05:21 PM

Quote:

Wow!!!

One more time.

WOW!

UUmm, 4 wows. You are a cheap wower.

June 26, 2006 7:11:26 PM

AMD can't release more than 2 Major Events in a week. They Reported that they have a 300mm wafter NY factory. and claim that Everybody Loves the K8L 4X4 platform. And now that Dell had taken their cheap chinese Plastic shtyy and stuck it up AMDs u knowwhere. It's too much too fast to believe. This is just to hard to believe. And i believed the Google-intel thing because it came on 3 other sites before it was posted up here and theinquirer. i look for other sourses not just theinqirer. fucc Dell
a c 159 à CPUs
a b À AMD
a b å Intel
June 26, 2006 7:14:01 PM

Dell isn't that bad. I built a few Dell systems, and with amd processors, I might even buy one someday. You can't beat the price. A sempron system with monitor for $299. I could live with that.
June 26, 2006 7:22:05 PM

Quote:
Sorry to interrupt your party, but where is AMD going to get all those chips from?

They have one huge 300mm fab (fab-36) and chartered. Then they'll have fab-38 (which is an expanded fab-30 with 300mm support).
The biggest fab AMD is building will be in the U.S. (I don't know it's name yet).
June 26, 2006 7:23:39 PM

Not everyone believes the Inq.. I didn't believe them about the Google thing. But they normally(widest possible definition of normally) hold a small degree of truth, or at least indicative of what 'word on the street' is - even if that street is the one outside the Inq's office. While I'm hesitant to believe that the deal will mark the start of Intel's demise(sounds like Dell is preparing to make more PCs, not exclude Intel - just a hunch), maybe the size of this deal will surprised everyone one way or the other. And product diversity is *always* a plus.

PS Does Apple manufacture as much as Lenovo?? Surprising...

Holy crap I just read my post I have no idea what I just said.
June 26, 2006 7:30:42 PM

June 26, 2006 7:39:54 PM

Because AMD wants profits more than the aleternative, I'm not supprised really, also Dell has pretty fair prices, shure they sell shit sometimes, but the make a lot doing it. This is just good bussness.

Also AMD is expanding its refining copacity

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/06/25/amd_to_build_32nm_fab...

and laugh at this all you want but the dell rep at work said that we would see some new powerful machines coming soon, we also have a meeting with dell to "get cought up on the latest tech"
June 26, 2006 7:41:13 PM

Here is a good barometer to see if the news is true:

AMD's stock price, which is currently down about 50 cents.

When this news breaks from a reliable source and is true you will see AMD's stock price have a VERY, and I mean, VERY large one day gain of about 20-50% (my estimate).
June 26, 2006 7:45:04 PM

Dell Fans Will not like this deal. Because Dell users were Prominently Happy with their Pentium 4 HT "prescott" Peices Of Shytt. Because they were only given those peices of crapp at the 400-800 Range. Now that AMD(maybe) has entred the Battlefield this will enrage "Prescott" fans because most of them don't want their Awsome peices of Shytt to be competeing against 3500+ and X2 3800+. Dell users might become afraid and stop buying Dell if they are given a choise besides the "Prescott" these awsome dream systems which are avalible from dell now. Dell users beware you now have mighty Tough destion of either a 550 "prescott" or a 3700+ Ohhhhh Tough Desitions Dell users oHhhhhooohh :roll:
June 26, 2006 7:56:55 PM

It seems like Dell should have done this a while ago... I mean they could sell their pcs for way cheaper if they picked up some AMD chips, and it would make sense for AMD to use this oportunity to start advertising the crap out of their chips.
June 26, 2006 7:59:51 PM

Ive used systems with processor speeds up to 3800+ and while they may score a few more fps in games, thats also the only thing they do.
Working with Athlons (not X2) is just a nightmare, nowhere near anything Northwood/Prescott (HT-enabled), oh yes.
You know... Dell has their reasons to use P4s rather than Athlons. The same reason they are using Opteron 800 for their MP systems now.
June 26, 2006 8:11:10 PM

Excluding the headline, they offer no proof or info that the deal was for millions of chips. It's certainly possible, but I'll believe it when I see something less speculative.
June 26, 2006 8:13:18 PM

YCon, I am not very sure where you get your info from. The single core AMD cpu's trade blows back and forth with equivalently priced Pentium 4's. It's not only in games. If they are so bad, could you please explain the drastic differences you noticed.
June 26, 2006 8:17:40 PM

Quote:
AMD can't release more than 2 Major Events in a week. They Reported that they have a 300mm wafter NY factory. and claim that Everybody Loves the K8L 4X4 platform. And now that Dell had taken their cheap chinese Plastic shtyy and stuck it up AMDs u knowwhere. It's too much too fast to believe. This is just to hard to believe. And i believed the Google-intel thing because it came on 3 other sites before it was posted up here and theinquirer. i look for other sourses not just theinqirer. fucc Dell

this is Intel's fault. First they cut off dell from their great deals and I WOULD BET THAT DELL wnated more ATi and nVidia graphics - since intel's sucks so bad - and Intel said no there's a limit.

Putting a Core 2 on ANY GMAxx IGP is like putting a 2 liter engine in a Mack truck. by using AMD Dell can get some worthwhile IGPs on their cheap systems at a good price.
June 26, 2006 8:54:42 PM

more conroe for us :D 
June 26, 2006 9:03:01 PM

Quote:

i doubt it. They can get more credit than any company in the world. This may make them rethink their "isolationist" stance and let soem other companies make some money.

As I said in another post Intel's crappy graphics may have had alot ot do with the desktop stuff. I can't imagine putting a Core 2 2.13 into a box with an Intel IGP. some don't even run at 1024 well - OK most.

People with 10-15 windows open hate dell because of it.
June 26, 2006 9:05:42 PM

Quote:
more conroe for us :D 
No conroe unfortunately will still sell out at every vendor. More likely will mean more Pentium 4 for whoever will take it.
June 26, 2006 9:06:37 PM

Quote:
Dell isn't that bad. I built a few Dell systems, and with amd processors, I might even buy one someday. You can't beat the price. A sempron system with monitor for $299. I could live with that.

Dell is not bad. i dislike them because they use crappy Intel IGPs on budget boxes. FX5200 is better than that crap. being in IT i usually end up with a Dell.

Do you think intel would let Dell use 50% ATi/nVidia IGPs? intel needs to just get out of the graphics business they really suck at it.
June 26, 2006 9:21:46 PM

Quote:

Dell is not bad. i dislike them because they use crappy Intel IGPs on budget boxes. FX5200 is better than that crap. being in IT i usually end up with a Dell.

Do you think intel would let Dell use 50% ATi/nVidia IGPs? intel needs to just get out of the graphics business they really suck at it.

I wholeheartedly agree that past intel integrated graphics controllers that I have used really sucked. I wouldn't be surprised if this unit gets the axe during Intels current analysis/reduction of under perfofming units.
June 26, 2006 9:30:27 PM

Quote:

Please explain to me why the average desk jockey in a government office needs a FX5200 or ANY non-IGP video card.
June 26, 2006 9:44:34 PM

Quote:

Please explain to me why the average desk jockey in a government office needs a FX5200 or ANY non-IGP video card.

To play games. Obviously you haven't worked in a government office.
:) 

June 26, 2006 9:47:13 PM

But quite a few are analysts, thus multi-monitor becomes necessary, then the GIS departments need high end workstation graphics... the average user today is requiring more graphic horsepower than ever before...
June 26, 2006 9:51:22 PM

Quote:

I work in IT and have woked in clerical offices. I have sen regular employees with 15 windows open ranging from outlook to IE to Word to Excel to PowerPoint.

Say you're doing your weekly report that involves data from several sources. Will you open and close or leave all of them open? Do you close your email because the IGP bogs down after 7 or 8 windows?

You obviously haven't used a dell with Intel IGP. THEY SUCK. BAD. And woul drag the perf of Core 2 to the basement.
June 26, 2006 9:55:32 PM

Quote:
You obviously haven't used a dell with Intel IGP.

Obviously you haven't FUDie.
June 26, 2006 10:08:45 PM

Quote:
You obviously haven't used a dell with Intel IGP.

Obviously you haven't FUDie.

My last assignment had a 2.8Ghz with a 845. I'm using an FX5200 right now and it's much snappier. 2 VS 2005, SQL server and Profiler, it would bog down AND my 845 wouldn't go higher than 1024.

tell me that's not crap.
June 26, 2006 10:09:39 PM

Quote:

i doubt it. They can get more credit than any company in the world. This may make them rethink their "isolationist" stance and let soem other companies make some money.

As I said in another post Intel's crappy graphics may have had alot ot do with the desktop stuff. I can't imagine putting a Core 2 2.13 into a box with an Intel IGP. some don't even run at 1024 well - OK most.

"Isolationist stance"? Where do you come up with this stuff? Are you referring to the fact that AMD has to have so many other companies(IBM, Chartered, Transmetta, et al) help it get a processor to market and Intel doesn't?

Maybe we should change the name of AMD and call it AMDIBMCHARTEREDTRANSMETTA becuase that's what's really behind that AMD chip you own.
June 26, 2006 10:12:47 PM

Quote:

"Isolationist stance"? Where do you come up with this stuff? Are you referring to the fact that AMD has to have so many other companies(IBM, Chartered, Transmetta, et al) help it get a processor to market and Intel doesn't?

Maybe we should change the name of AMD and call it AMDIBMCHARTEREDTRANSMETTA becuase that's what's really behind that AMD chip you own.

Ask dell how many nVidia chips they can put into their boxes. Ask them how many other NICs go in them. ask them how many non-Intel mobos go into them.

Not another "don't know at all."
June 26, 2006 10:15:47 PM

I'd say your full of sh!t because my old one was fine at 1280.
June 26, 2006 10:21:55 PM

Quote:

Ask dell how many nVidia chips they can put into their boxes. Ask them how many other NICs go in them. ask them how many non-Intel mobos go into them.

Who said anything about NICs, mobos or anything else. I'm talking about processors here. What, you can't live with the fact that AMDIBMCHARTEREDTRANSMETTA can't make a go on it's own? Looks like I struck a nerve. :twisted:

And, yes, I'm another "don't know at all"...I would prefer you continue believing that anyways. Cheers!
June 26, 2006 10:24:37 PM

Quote:

but you're extinct. i wouldn't lie. You must have had a 945G.
June 26, 2006 10:26:56 PM

Quote:

I work in IT and have woked in clerical offices. I have sen regular employees with 15 windows open ranging from outlook to IE to Word to Excel to PowerPoint.

Say you're doing your weekly report that involves data from several sources. Will you open and close or leave all of them open? Do you close your email because the IGP bogs down after 7 or 8 windows?

You obviously haven't used a dell with Intel IGP. THEY SUCK. BAD. And woul drag the perf of Core 2 to the basement.

Dude... i'm ON a Dell w/ a IGP. It works fine!

I have 10 windows open.

??????

Video card has very little to do with the desktop. We're talking 2D acceleration here bub.
June 26, 2006 10:28:04 PM

Quote:

I 2nd that...
June 26, 2006 10:28:04 PM

Quote:

Who said anything about NICs, mobos or anything else. I'm talking about processors here. What, you can't live with the fact that AMDIBMCHARTEREDTRANSMETTA can't make a go on it's own? Looks like I struck a nerve. :twisted:

And, yes, I'm another "don't know at all"...I would prefer you continue believing that anyways. Cheers!

So if there are companies making MUCH BETTER video and you disallow your biggest customer from using more that's not isolationist?

I think your mom's calling you.

besides, Opteron was ALL AMD, with maybe a pinch of NexGen - which they bought. No actually the XP was NexGen. Comapnies collaborate all the time.

Where did PCIe come from?
How about HDMI?
How about AGP?

Don't play here you'll get hurt.
June 26, 2006 10:29:05 PM

Quote:

To play games. Obviously you haven't worked in a government office.
:) 

oh i've worked in a govt. office. but an IGP is just fine for solitare and pinball. ;-)
June 26, 2006 10:30:39 PM

You would because you're a fanboy. 945G, I wish! It was 865G.
June 26, 2006 10:31:00 PM

Who cares who helps produce CPU's if they do a good job. Obviously AMD needs the help breaking the market against another giant company. But if they do a good job and make good competitive products, who cares?
June 26, 2006 10:33:51 PM

Quote:

So if there are companies making MUCH BETTER video and you disallow your biggest customer from using more that's not isolationist?

besides, Opteron was ALL AMD, with maybe a pinch of NexGen - which they bought. No actually the XP was NexGen. Comapnies collaborate all the time.

Where did PCIe come from?
How about HDMI?
How about AGP?

Actually, NexGen engineers collaborated heavily w/ AMD on the original Slot A Athlon- not the XP.

In fact, most believe that NexGen engineers were the ones responsible (mainly) for the Athlon.
June 26, 2006 10:41:05 PM

Quote:

Dude... i'm ON a Dell w/ a IGP. It works fine!

I have 10 windows open.

??????

Video card has very little to do with the desktop. We're talking 2D acceleration here bub.

Says you. I have doen timed comparisons with the same dell box except fo the video. all around Intel IGP sucks.

Their chips are good their video IS NOT.

Go take a new mugshot. :wink:
June 26, 2006 10:44:59 PM

Thanks for reminding me of NexGen...I'll add it to the list: AMDIBMCHARTEREDTRANSMETTANEXGEN

Quote:

No, actually, that's your mom calling me.

Quote:

Please stop, your scaring me...not.

OK, enough silliness. My point of contenion with your original statement, which I've seen in numerous posts, is that it's so biased and unbalanced, you make yourself a target. You may work in IT, but it appears that you know very little about running an aggressive business.

Now that I've got your attention, and you think AMD is so sqeeky clean, as yourself if you think AMD does or doesn't attempt the same tactics as Intel when given the opportunity. Your answer should be revealing to all of us.
June 26, 2006 10:46:12 PM

Sure FUDie.
June 26, 2006 11:51:21 PM

Quote:
Sure FUDie.

Hey action, how do I properly parse that?

Is it FU / Die?

Or FUD / ie?
June 26, 2006 11:55:03 PM

The latter.
June 27, 2006 12:22:14 AM

Quote:

Moo.
Spend More Than 699 You Fucking Idiot!
June 27, 2006 1:00:15 AM

Quote:
Not everyone believes the Inq.. I didn't believe them about the Google thing. But they normally(widest possible definition of normally) hold a small degree of truth, or at least indicative of what 'word on the street' is - even if that street is the one outside the Inq's office. While I'm hesitant to believe that the deal will mark the start of Intel's demise(sounds like Dell is preparing to make more PCs, not exclude Intel - just a hunch), maybe the size of this deal will surprised everyone one way or the other. And product diversity is *always* a plus.

PS Does Apple manufacture as much as Lenovo?? Surprising...

Holy crap I just read my post I have no idea what I just said.

Nowhere did I say Intel would go out of business. I said they may not get the marketshare back now.

If Dell just divides their shipments into the current share it would be around 80-20.

I can bet nVidia is in the background rubbing their hands about all the 6150s they'll sell - I smell 3way deal. I'm sure there'll be plenty of Xpress too.
    • 1 / 7
    • More pages
    • Next
    • Newest
!