Suck the last life outa my pc

chased13

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
i have a (crap_ p4 2.2 willamette on a locked asus mobo (curtesy hp_

i was like 12 when i bought it (now 15) and i wanna know if there is anyway i can unlock the mobo

i dont care how bad it is for the pc...only using it for a few more months (hopefully)

i just wanna suck the last of the life outa my computer and run bf2 on not low settings

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
i have a (crap_ p4 2.2 willamette on a locked asus mobo (curtesy hp_

i was like 12 when i bought it (now 15) and i wanna know if there is anyway i can unlock the mobo

i dont care how bad it is for the pc...only using it for a few more months (hopefully)

i just wanna suck the last of the life outa my computer and run bf2 on not low settings
By locked, do you mean the multiplier?

Redline24

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
By locked, do you mean the multiplier?
No. I don't think HP even has the settings to change the CAS latency, nevermind the external clock or the multiplier. I've heard of some people reflashing the BIOS with the actual ASUS bios, but I'd do some googling before trying that.

chased13

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
yeh thats what i was asking about, im somewhat new to overclocking but i am certianly willing to spend the hours

so if i get the actual asus bios, i should be able to change (what) ? latency clock speed etc?

i plan on replacing this mobo (along with the rest of my computer) for 2nd generation conroe.

i just bought a new case (bye bye hp cramped crap) and a hiper 580watter (overkill yes, moduler HELL YES)